IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A tough time in Binghamton
9/8/11, 8:25 PM   #21
Re: A tough time in Binghamton
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Thoughts and prayers are going out that way. I hope it gets better soon.

9/8/11, 10:36 PM   #22
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

It's bad. Here are some pics: http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...&Ref=PH&Item=0

9/9/11, 8:59 AM   #23
backitin

Well this is a first, we have never had school rained out and now in the past two weeks they have had 3 rain days. Also our cottage has been flooded in 1932, 1972, 2006 and now 2011, hmmm seems to be accelerating in frequency. I'm not going to see it but I guess just the peak is out of the water. Were selling our share and buying us a full size sprinter, probley vintage, a bigblock gambler perhaps. The river has gone down a foot and a half, the worse is over. Im praying no one was killed, you'd have to be pretty foolish if you were. The last storm folks were killed by falling tree's with all the wind pushing over the saturated root system. Pete, did your business excape the wrath ? What most people dont understand when it comes to river flooding it's not water, it's a smelly toxic soup. The main smell is a nasty oil stank. Kinda like pulling the cover off a rearend that has had the oil burnt. To be perfectly honest I'm hoping our cottage is one of the ones we seen flooding down the river on the news.

9/9/11, 12:12 PM   #24
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Well this is a first, we have never had school rained out and now in the past two weeks they have had 3 rain days. Also our cottage has been flooded in 1932, 1972, 2006 and now 2011, hmmm seems to be accelerating in frequency. I'm not going to see it but I guess just the peak is out of the water. Were selling our share and buying us a full size sprinter, probley vintage, a bigblock gambler perhaps. The river has gone down a foot and a half, the worse is over. Im praying no one was killed, you'd have to be pretty foolish if you were. The last storm folks were killed by falling tree's with all the wind pushing over the saturated root system. Pete, did your business excape the wrath ? What most people dont understand when it comes to river flooding it's not water, it's a smelly toxic soup. The main smell is a nasty oil stank. Kinda like pulling the cover off a rearend that has had the oil burnt. To be perfectly honest I'm hoping our cottage is one of the ones we seen flooding down the river on the news.
if you were to go to you tube and punch in tunkhannock flooding, our cottage is in there somewhere, or not.

9/9/11, 2:45 PM   #25
TeamCGR

Thanks to all for your well wishes. We survived the flood without damage but many, many of our friends and families did not, including two of our great sponsors; Rob's Market and Uncle Tony's. Both of their Businesses were severely damaged. Many of Coleman's close friends have damage to their homes and the town where he went to High School is under water.

Coleman is running this weekend on behalf of our many friends, family and sponsors (which are family) that have been affected by this natural disaster and that is putting it mildly. It is utter devastation for so many.

Good luck to all in Indiana this weekend. Thanks again,

The Gulick's.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

9/9/11, 2:58 PM   #26
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Thanks to all for your well wishes. We survived the flood without damage but many, many of our friends and families did not, including two of our great sponsors; Rob's Market and Uncle Tony's. Both of their Businesses were severely damaged. Many of Coleman's close friends have damage to their homes and the town where he went to High School is under water.

Coleman is running this weekend on behalf of our many friends, family and sponsors (which are family) that have been affected by this natural disaster and that is putting it mildly. It is utter devastation for so many.

The Gulick's.
Thanks for the update Pete. Sorry to hear about the numerous folks with flooding but glad to hear that you survived without damage.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/9/11, 3:43 PM   #27
IndyBound

Pete & Backitin, thanks for the updates. Sorry to hear your cottage was lost Backitin. Actually three hours ago a friend and I were sitting on the shores of Lake Ontario commenting about what a peaceful day it was and how horrible the devastion was just an hour to two hours away from Oswego. Both of your names came up in that conversation along with your families, my 85 year old uncle in Pa, and my cousins and their families. I was hoping and praying you all stayed safe and as Backitin mentioned that no more lives would be lost due to the flooding.

Pete, sorry to hear so many of your and Coleman's friends and sponsors have been affected by this devastion. The pictures I have seen on TV are just horrible.

Prayers are going out to all those whose lives have been affected by yet another act of Mother Nature this year.

Coleman pull off another win this weekend in honor of all your friends and sponsors that are suffering rigth now! I'll be cheering you on!

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 9/9/11 at 3:45 PM.

9/9/11, 4:07 PM   #28
backitin

yeah it's a bummer. It's starting to dawn on my wive that a cottage her dad and granddad built in 1919 might be gone. It was built with hand powered tools which I now own and it's sad looking at the axes and draw knives I have hanging in the living room. If it's still there I'd be happy contrary to what I said and I know it's dawning on her too. If it survived after seeing video's of houses hitting the bridge only a couple miles away I'd be amazed and take a bow to my late father in law cause if it's there it's a hell of a structure. We cant get there from here so theres no sense worrying bout it, I just parked the racecar out front here at our house and me and the kids are playing with it and I know were the lucky ones.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Pete & Backitin, thanks for the updates. Sorry to hear your cottage was lost Backitin. Actually three hours ago a friend and I were sitting on the shores of Lake Ontario commenting about what a peaceful day it was and how horrible the devastion was just an hour to two hours away from Oswego. Both of your names came up in that conversation along with your families, my 85 year old uncle in Pa, and my cousins and their families. I was hoping and praying you all stayed safe and as Backitin mentioned that no more lives would be lost due to the flooding.

Pete, sorry to hear so many of your and Coleman's friends and sponsors have been affected by this devastion. The pictures I have seen on TV are just horrible.

Prayers are going out to all those whose lives have been affected by yet another act of Mother Nature this year.

Coleman pull off another win this weekend in honor of all your friends and sponsors that are suffering rigth now! I'll be cheering you on!

Patti
Shores of lake ontario huh ? we have a little cabin 12 miles from the lake just off the Salmon River. Best flyfishin hole in the world and I used to be a flyfishing guide. Any of my friends on here want to catch monster salmon and steelhead on a flyrod hop in your car in a few weeks and take a drive. I used to have poeple come from all over the world to fish with me. I got plenty of gear and dont charge no more. I just take out folks I like. Not to sound stupid or arrougant but most people dont deserve to see and experience what I do on the river. It started pissing me off that I'd take out some yeahole that has no respect for nature and have him catching literally monster steelhead. But me being me I couldnt do it anymore for all the money in the world, so now I take out who I want and it blows there minds. The cabinis tiny, no water or electric and I stay from bout next week till thanksgiving killin the fish, we'll not killing them it's all catch, kiss and release fishing. I live like a bum me and my dogs and it's the finist time of the year.

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
9/9/11, 6:30 PM   #29
IndyBound

Backitin, hope you get the chance to get up to the Salmon River this year and don't have too much damage to deal with from the flooding. Your cottage in the southern tier sounds like allot of love was built into it. Your wife's family must be very frustrated not being able to go check on it. Hopefully it will be safe to do so in a few days.

I know what your wife is going thru 30 odd years ago my phone rang in the middle of the night that my parents house was on fire. Neighborhood kids the police felt had broke in and robbed some electronic items and set the house on fire trying to cover up the robbery. By the time I drove the 35 to 40 minutes to Oswego the fireman had got the fire under control. They brought two small books out and set them at my feet and said that was all they felt was salvageable. Luckily my parents and brother were on vaction at the time of the fire; later that same year my Dad's brothers house caught fire from an electrical problem in the wall behind the TV my Uncle, Aunt and Cousin almost lost their lives in that fire. That year reaffirmed for me how precious life is.

Soon the Pulaski area of the Salmon River will be all a buzz with fisherman when the fish start running. It is a beautiful sight seeing all the fisherman in the river! An it also helps the Pulaski economy. Enjoy the fishing season!

Patti

9/9/11, 7:50 PM   #30
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post

The Gulick's.
go #14 win a big one this weekend for all the great folks back home. i would love to see #14 and the mad man #12 get 1 and 2 tonight.

2 members like this post: IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A tough time in Binghamton