IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Midget Races Cancelled
9/8/11, 6:25 PM   #81
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
TQ29m

Spect-acles?

9/8/11, 6:27 PM   #82
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got no beef with C47 Im sure Racing isn't cheap for him either although there are many rules in that book that make things more sustainable than the unlimited series.

As for Quinn. See rule 6. in that little forum rules

9/8/11, 6:32 PM   #83
Andrew S. Quinn

I've just asked specific questions,Chuck,right down to the year,and you cant answer them. I figure anyone with 4600 something posts should be quite knowledgable.

9/8/11, 6:38 PM   #84
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I've just asked specific questions,Chuck,right down to the year,and you cant answer them. I figure anyone with 4600 something posts should be quite knowledgable.

Why should I even talk to you, Your the one starting with the talks about it and never goes to races stuff, And BTW, Im not the only one with 4000+ post and probably half of that is friendly banter with friends made from this site. Either be one, or not is all I gotta say.

9/8/11, 7:28 PM   #85
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Wouldn't it be cool to have an event with quarter, half, tq, and full midgets?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
9/8/11, 7:36 PM   #86
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Why should I even talk to you, Your the one starting with the talks about it and never goes to races stuff, And BTW, Im not the only one with 4000+ post and probably half of that is friendly banter with friends made from this site. Either be one, or not is all I gotta say.
Did you guys have any words, before you fell out? Bob!

9/8/11, 7:41 PM   #87
Rpracing1

All of Mr.Moores posts always end up as entertaining as this one. Really tickles my funny bone. Some peoples children.

9/8/11, 7:44 PM   #88
bgbrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
Wouldn't it be cool to have an event with quarter, half, tq, and full midgets?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like you have a plan???

9/8/11, 8:22 PM   #89
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbrd View Post
Sounds like you have a plan???
More like a thought. LOL If there is enough interest, perhaps it could become reality.

9/8/11, 9:01 PM   #90
c47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I got no beef with C47 Im sure Racing isn't cheap for him either although there are many rules in that book that make things more sustainable than the unlimited series.

As for Quinn. See rule 6. in that little forum rules
the only rule that i can think of is motor restrictions. that rule was made to keep the same thing from happening to ardc as what happened to usac, nema and, i guess you could throw most everyone else in there as well.....the obsolescence of the pushrod midget motor.....and the manufacturers changing the rules when something faster comes along. (read as cost savings and more racers at the track)
the only restrictions on motors are that the esslingers have to be small blocks and nothing over 166ci. that leaves it open for mopars, hawks, and yes, even the toyota (so far)

as far as mr buckwalter....the motor he runs in the midwest is not the same as the one he runs with the club. he probably couldnt afford to run it at the club level cause with the extra HP comes less reliablity and more frequent rebuilds and, frankly, he doesnt need the extra HP to win with the club.....he wins with his setups, driving and smoothness.

i personally dont see the point in having a field of cars where 95% of them have the same chassis and motor....plug in a driver and bolt the right pedal to the floor and see who wins.....racing is suppose to be about staying within a certain set of guidelines but having the latitude to make changes and be a little different. i dont see a whole lot of that anymore. and its a shame.

4 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, Charles Nungester, Russ
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Midget Races Cancelled