IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Amsa and mmsa
8/30/11, 2:03 PM   #81
Re: Amsa and mmsa
Tony Barhorst

Billy Rowlee has been in the pits at Fort Wayne since we started having the 600's. He has good knowledge of the event.

Thanks Billy

1 member likes this post: LocalYokel
8/30/11, 3:24 PM   #82
Bradleyracing86

Think we will bring barn tires, everyone familiar with those lol..? How bout it DAD?
Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/11, 3:45 PM   #83
Ambrose93&39

8/30/11, 5:26 PM   #84
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Sure was. Allen Rupenthal rented my car to the Mesendicks, Nathan wasnt comfortable with the seat and the belts being too large.. Mike being more my size jumped in the car and started on the tail of the B.. Almost one is first time out.. Started the A ran it into the front half of the field.. Haha then what happened mike!
Posted via Mobile Device
I seem to remember the back stretch wall jumping out and biting that car.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

8/30/11, 6:29 PM   #85
Bradleyracing86

Yea lburg bites hard! That car is still nasty fast even after a clip!
Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/11, 10:03 PM   #86
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Do you have an announcer selected yet? And do you still have the VIP box/room with the meet and greet? It's been a few years since I've made it to a Rumble. Perhaps that will change this year.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
It is going to be interesting to see if an AMSA, MMSA, or 600 upright driver wins the first two 1000 cc/600cc battles at the Rumble In Fort Wayne indoor events on Friday, Dec. 30, and Saturday, Dec. 31.

I plan on having our announcer let fans know what sanction you represent.

I think the 600 cars will be competitive at Fort Wayne. If you know teams that have them, let em know this is going on. They are harder to reach.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst
http://www.rumbleseries.com/

8/30/11, 11:05 PM   #87
Mike M 67

Well Andy.

As you know, You got the car back, WRECKED.

Unfortunately, I stuffed it into the wall coming out of turn 2 and flipped when i caught the cushion and it pulled me into the wall.

My fault completely because I got tired and could not hardly hold my head up in the seat anymore because you did not have a head rest.

It happened with 2 laps to go in the feature. I was running 7th at the time after starting on the tail. Car was a rocket ship.

I RAN 2nd in the B main. I even put a slide job on Hueston with 1 lap to go and he got me back with a cross over move.

Since I did not get too hot lap the car I started in the back of the heat so I could see what it was like. Then in the B main I was comfortable racing the car.

Yes, it was my first time ever in a race car of anykind.

I did Race Quads for a few years in moto cross though, and have done a lot of racing with friends on motorcycles and 4 wheelers on the back 40 at home.

If I had been in better shape and was prepared for the race that night at Lawrenceburg, I do not think I would have wrecked. I should have slowed down when I got tired, but my mind ego said to keep going.

I still Really appreciate you and Allen allowing me the opportunity to race that night.

I will go to my grave with that story because it is the whole truth.

Larry FOZie was the first to contratulate me at the scales when I came in from the B main. He reached into the car and shook my hand and said good job.

I need to thank my Son Nathan, My Father in Law Charlie, Scott Bradley and the Parkers for helping me that night.

Mike Mensendiek Race fan for life.

May even drive again someday if the opportunity should present its self.

4 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, Colin25, Danny Burton, Phylo82
8/31/11, 7:37 AM   #88
Phylo82

Mike, you sound like a NASCAR driver after a race.....but you forgot to thank all your sponsors and the baby Jesus!
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

8/31/11, 9:11 AM   #89
Colin25

Mike that was a dandy, glad you walked away from it. I had a front row seat was a little worried you were going to come off the wall and get me.
Thanks for the pat on the back, but thats not why we do it. Helping one another is what makes all of this enjoyable.
Look forward to seeing everyone next year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Amsa and mmsa