IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Busy Weekend of Racing Next Up for MTQRL
7/19/11, 9:32 PM   #1
Busy Weekend of Racing Next Up for MTQRL
Sandy Lowe

The Midwest TQ Racing League presented by Vincennes University closes out a busy month of July with three races in five days.

On Thursday night July 21st the MTQRL will race at the Hendricks County Fair. This will be the first three-quarter midget event at the Danville, Ind. oval. Racing is set to begin at 7:00 pm with 600cc modified midgets also competing.

The Shelby County Fairgrounds is next up on Saturday evening July 23rd. This is the fourth of seven races scheduled at the Shelbyville, Ind. oval this year. Tate Martz won the season opener on May 14th, Ronnie Combs won on June 11th, and Martz won again on July 9th at the Shelby County Fair.

Due to the excessive heat forecast for this weekend the times for Shelbyville have been moved back one hour. Practice is now scheduled for 7:00 pm, qualifications at 7:30 pm and racing is set to begin at 8:00 pm. General admission is $8.00 for adults (12 & over), $5.00 for children, while 6 and under are free.

On Monday evening July 25th the Marion County Fair beckons. This will be the first appearance on the Indianapolis oval this season. Chris Guinn took the checkers at the Fair race last year and followed that up with a win over Labor Day weekend. Guinn has yet to hit the track this season so a new winner is expected.

Practice is scheduled for 6:00 pm, qualifications at 6:30 pm and racing is set to begin at 7:00 pm. General admission is $5.00 (all ages).

For more information please visit www.mtqrl.com.

POINT STANDINGS
1- Tate Martz 938
2- Rick Robinson 730
3- Jason Willis 680
4- Chris Mann 535
5- Cody Kiewitt 529
6- Ronnie Combs 512
7- Corey Eaglin 493
8- Rob Walton 465
9- Caleb Faulkner 456
10- Bill James 436

TONY STEWART RACING
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR STANDINGS
1- Cody Kiewitt 529
2- Corey Eaglin 493
3- Jake Moore 355
4- Kyle McIntosh 328
5- Jason Burke 59

JACKSON OIL & SOLVENTS
DUEL FOR FUEL STANDINGS
1- Tate Martz 32
2- Rick Robinson 29
3- Jason Willis 27
4- Brett Hankins 26
5- CJ Leary 17

TONY STEWART FOUNDATION
LEADER OF THE PACK STANDINGS
1- Ronnie Combs 42
2- Nick Speidel 33
3- Tate Martz 23
4- CJ Leary 19
5- Rick Robinson 15
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 7/19/11 at 9:41 PM.

3 members like this post: Gregg, Midget 89, Mud Packer
7/20/11, 4:22 PM   #2
Re: Busy Weekend of Racing Next Up for MTQRL
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

& the Saturday night race at Shelby County Fairgrounds is a HARF discount night. 1/2 price admission with your current membership card. bob.

7/21/11, 9:37 AM   #3
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Due to excessive heat, the MTQRL portion of the event tonight at Hendricks County Fair is canceled.
Last edited by STP; 7/21/11 at 10:48 AM.

1 member likes this post: scooter99
7/21/11, 9:47 AM   #4
goodoleboy24

The races will still go on tonight but it will not be santctioned by the mtqrl but tqs r still racing. The promoter has a contract with fair and they want to run. Then the mtqrl knowing temperature all week decides to call this morning and cancel start time will prolly be pushed back to 8 also. There will be lawsuits against the mtqrl on this issue. I personally would like to congratulate jay parks and cody kiewitt on the rookie of the year,after this I am done with the mtqrl and mr stabb. Good luck to everyone the rest of the yyear

Thanks

Corey Eaglin #15
Posted via Mobile Device

7/21/11, 10:09 AM   #5
Shawn

Seriously? So, what if it had rained it out? I really don't see much difference. You get on here throwing around lawsuit talks for no logical reason. The MTQRL made the absolute right calls for the fans, officials, teams and drivers.

Were you in the running for Rookie Of They Year and this now eliminated you from contention? Just curious.

2 members like this post: Drtchsr, STP
7/21/11, 10:20 AM   #6
goodoleboy24

Yes I was in contention for the rookie of the year. The lawsuit deal is not my deal this is what I was told.the thing about cancelling is they knew the forecast all week and them the day of after the fair has put alot if money ointo event they decide its to hot. The fairs rely on these events for there money they only get this one week out of the year
Posted via Mobile Device

7/21/11, 10:32 AM   #7
Shawn

I understand the fact that you wish they would have cancelled a bit earlier in the week. Mother Nature is beyond any of our control. The fair may rely on events like this, but they have to take into consideration that it's part of it. I just don't think you'd be making this post if it was rained out, but the result would be the same. The MTQRL has nothing to gain by not having the event. They did it for the safety of everyone. We have to realize that, even though we'd all love to race, or see some racing.

I really don't think you'll find a lot of people that want to go sit in one-hundred degree weather. In fact, the Hendricks County Fair is sending home all of their animals today, due to heat. It's a problem and may not have changed the amount of race cars, but it would change the amount of fans in the stands. In fact, I have a co-worker that lives near there and had planned on attending the races. However, when I asked him this morning, he told me that he wasn't going to because of the heat. That's just one example.

2 members like this post: Drtchsr, STP
7/21/11, 10:32 AM   #8
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

MTQRL stand by our decision that the safety of our fans, racers, and officials are of the highest importance. Unfortunately, Indiana weather is beyond our control. May everyone have a safe and cool evening.

1 member likes this post: racer65
7/21/11, 12:01 PM   #9
TqMidget41&84

It comes down to safety for EVERYONE involved. Trust me I'd love to be racing tonight, was up til 1am Tuesday night putting in all new driveline but its not worth anyone's health. I lost a very important family member due to a stroke this past year......not worth it.

4 members like this post: Drtchsr, racer65, scooter99, STP
7/22/11, 6:39 AM   #10
marko 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoleboy24 View Post
The races will still go on tonight but it will not be santctioned by the mtqrl but tqs r still racing. The promoter has a contract with fair and they want to run. Then the mtqrl knowing temperature all week decides to call this morning and cancel start time will prolly be pushed back to 8 also. There will be lawsuits against the mtqrl on this issue. I personally would like to congratulate jay parks and cody kiewitt on the rookie of the year,after this I am done with the mtqrl and mr stabb. Good luck to everyone the rest of the yyear

Thanks

Corey Eaglin #15
Posted via Mobile Device
lawsuits

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Busy Weekend of Racing Next Up for MTQRL