IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VanMeveren Charges Forward in USAC Main Event at Eldora
5/17/19, 1:47 PM   #1
VanMeveren Charges Forward in USAC Main Event at Eldora
ndsprintfan

VanMeveren Charges Forward in USAC Main Event at Eldora

By Mike Spieker

PITTSBORO, Ind. (May 15, 2019) – Brian VanMeveren returned to action this past weekend at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio with the AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Cars. The #LetsRaceTwo event at the famed half-mile oval was VanMeveren’s first since a vicious incident at Bloomington Speedway on April 11th.

A sixth-place finish in his heat put VanMeveren in the B-main where the top six cars transferred to the A-main. After a hotly contested battle for the final transfer spot, VanMeveren came away in the fifth position to earn the 23rd starting spot in the main event.

“We were having some brake problems in the B-main, but we had a pretty solid car,” said VanMeveren, who used those laps in the B to gain more experience. “I was able to get more comfortable with the track and its changing conditions which helped out a bit in the feature.”

When the green flag dropped for the 30-lap feature, VanMeveren methodically moved his way forward.

“We switched the master cylinder for the A, but still didn’t have brakes. I had to be careful during the feature to not take out myself or ruin somebody else’s night,” said VanMeveren, who still managed to pass seven cars to finish in 16th. “I think I could have picked off a couple more positions if I had some brakes, honestly.”

Saturday’s event finale got off to an even better start for VanMeveren, but the night was cut short as heavy rains fell shortly after the USAC heats.

VanMeveren timed in 15th quick out of the 33 cars in attendance and finished fourth in his heat, which would have put him directly into the main event.

“I was definitely a lot more comfortable in the car the second night,” he said. “We are getting faster every time we hit the track so it’s just about getting experience and making laps. I know we are capable of running with the USAC guys.”

Looking ahead, VanMeveran will follow the USAC National tour to the Terra Haute Action Track in Terra Haute, Ind. on Wednesday, May 22nd.

The VanMeveren Racing No. 24 still has a couple of spots open for 2019 marketing partners! Reach out to Brian at brian.vanmeveren@gmail.com for more information.
Attached Images
SPKR0935 (1).jpg (585.3 KB, 23 views)

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VanMeveren Charges Forward in USAC Main Event at Eldora