IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500, Who's going?
5/15/19, 4:39 PM   #21
Re: Little 500, Who's going?
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
This is a odd topic for me. I remember as a kid anticipating the story and results of the Little 500 in the Speed Sport the first week in June every year. I remember telling Dad, we need to go to this. I remember pulling for Frank Riddle, Bentley Warren, many other greats that ran the race. Well we never made it to Memorial Day tradition. As time has passed, for some reason I’ve become to view it as a novelty event. In spite of the fact that some of my most respected race fan friends, a couple of whom are involved with the race, tout how great an event it is, I still can’t seem to move it up my bucket list. I’m going to get there someday, but not going to be this one. I hope the race is awesome and everyone has a great time. For me, maybe next year

I got talked into going back in the early 2000's when I lived in Maine and decided to come to Indiana for Memorial Day weekend instead of Pennsylvania. A bunch of people talked me into going to the Little 500,Morty,Brent,Marc and Stacie etc etc.. I grew up watching stock cars on pavement,and our biggest race was the Oxford 250. I reasoned it would be like the 250,with probably a bit of a lull in the action halfway through. Well,it never got boring. 11-12 second laps all night never gets boring.

It always amazed me that Eric Gordon had so many wins. You have to have all your ducks in a row,and incredible luck on top of that just to finish that race,and moreso to finish on the lead lap,to say nothing of winning.

Its a great race,and right in your back yard moreso than probably your other bucket list races,so you should move it up a notch or 2 on your list......

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, PJ Wright, tirespinner, Tony74
5/15/19, 4:44 PM   #22
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonSpeedway View Post
Updates for 2019 Anderson Speedway:

Turn 1 Restroom - Part of the restroom had a new roof put on it. However the urinals are still under the stars. We just knock the weeds down today and will spray them tomorrow.
The urinals under the stars never bothered me,just unique for the first time visitor. Its is good you are updating the restrooms though. I remember when a track in the North East said they were updating the urinals,I figured they were just going to plant a few new trees......

5/15/19, 6:31 PM   #23
flagboy55

Andrew, you’re right the top two are 5 to 8 hours away, I think I could get to Anderson in under 3. All of the endorsement from you guys sure is validation of the event. I sure hope everyone has a wonderful time. Tip one in my honor

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, interpreter66, tirespinner
5/17/19, 6:07 AM   #24
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Andrew, you’re right the top two are 5 to 8 hours away, I think I could get to Anderson in under 3. All of the endorsement from you guys sure is validation of the event. I sure hope everyone has a wonderful time. Tip one in my honor
Our group may tip more than one in your honor lol

3 members like this post: Augie, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
5/18/19, 8:12 AM   #25
Kinser11

I have been going since 1976 and missed a few for family graduations including mine. It is by far the best 500 in Indiana! If you don't like wheel to wheel racing action. This is not a race for you, they do not have the stage crap.

Great to see, Brian Tyler, saluting Larry Contos. He sure supported the Little 500, and a lot of other racing!

4 members like this post: interpreter66, LB, tigerone, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500, Who's going?