IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MavTv - Dish Network
11/30/15, 7:49 AM   #11
Re: MavTv - Dish Network
cmakin

I love me my DirecTV. . . MavTV. . . Free southern hemisphere rugby. . . . yeah. ESPN? What on earth for?

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
11/30/15, 8:20 PM   #12
JarrettFarms73

I work for a telecom company that partners w/ Dish. I can't even get information on the status. Not sure why they guard it so closely.

The only good news I've heard for my area (Tipton, IN) is the the local provider TDS, is launching a fiber network to include TV early Jan'16. A sales contractor I know working it expects to see MAV added to it around the same time. Just in time for Chili Bowl! Fingers crossed.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/9/15, 10:53 AM   #13
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

When I called DISH, they said it was not coming back, please enjoy similar content on Velocity. Yeah right!

12/9/15, 11:46 AM   #14
drummerJ99

They are supposedly working on a streaming option. I've seen them talk about it on their twitter and their facebook. As someone who doesn't have any cable, really wish they'd hurry up. Would be cool to see a Xbox One, Roku, Amazon Fire or Chromecast app to stream the channel live, even for a monthly fee.

12/9/15, 12:16 PM   #15
The Texan

I've seen where LucasOilRacing.TV is coming in early January 2016. It is going to be an on demand type deal in the form of a brand new app coming to Roku, Android, Apple, Amazon and other smart devices to give you access to all your favorite Motorsports. Looks like prices will be $4.99 a month with a year subscription or $6.99 a month for month to month. Also, from what I have read, the portion of the Chili Bowl that is to be streamed live on MavTV will also be included in your subscription.

1 member likes this post: bigq11
12/9/15, 12:20 PM   #16
drummerJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Texan View Post
I've seen where LucasOilRacing.TV is coming in early January 2016. It is going to be an on demand type deal in the form of a brand new app coming to Roku, Android, Apple, Amazon and other smart devices to give you access to all your favorite Motorsports. Looks like prices will be $4.99 a month with a year subscription or $6.99 a month for month to month. Also, from what I have read, the portion of the Chili Bowl that is to be streamed live on MavTV will also be included in your subscription.
Sweet, hope your right. I'd gladly pay $60 a year for that.

12/9/15, 8:34 PM   #17
popham

I just seen that, THANK YOU Lucas Oil, I just got signed up for a local elec. co-op Internet service with unlimited data. Winter will be shorter if we can start watching open wheel racing on tv again.

12/12/15, 2:41 PM   #18
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by popham View Post
Has anybody heard any news about the stand off between MavTv and Dish. Seems like it's been 6 months since this stand off started and I can't get anything out of either one, only discounts on my bills and assurances there working on it. I don't want to switch to Direct TV and get locked into a contract to only have the same thing happen with them. Living in the country is there any internet sources that have current MavTv programs? CBS, and NBC Sports has some Lucas Oil Promotions, but I haven't seen any open wheel stuff or Chilli Bowl advertised.
I just switched to Direct TV and called and canceled my Dish acct. they said that they were still negotiating with MAV TV. I say they are not. So see ya Dish Network

12/14/15, 7:56 AM   #19
Dyno Don

Got a flier from Dish wanting me to try their product.
No where in their channel listing did I see Mav TV.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MavTv - Dish Network