IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2015 Battle at the Center?
10/26/15, 9:01 PM   #11
Re: 2015 Battle at the Center?
hairracer44

Nick, I hope whoever runs it doesn't change the program. PowrI does such a great job of making it run smooth it will be hard to do with out someone that knows what they are doing. I always look forward to breaking out my Dad's old midget and having fun. So I hope this happens...

3 members like this post: billwill, dirt_trackgurl006, mc/rider
10/27/15, 3:16 PM   #12
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Sounds like it may be a change in sanctioning body issue, but I'm glad to hear a race will occur.

10/28/15, 3:11 PM   #13
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I just spoke with the people at the DuQuoin State Fair and they confirmed that a race will happen on Dec.19th at the Southern Illinois Center and it is sanctioned by USAC!

11/27/15, 5:54 PM   #14
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Junior Knepper 55′ USAC Special Event December 19 at DuQuoin

By USAC PR (DuQuoin, IL) — A December 19 USAC Midget Special Event at the Southern Illinois Center adjacent to the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds will salute the memory of one of USAC’s most accomplished car owners.
The “Junior Knepper 55,” a 55-lap race honoring the famed car number which adorned Walter Knepper’s storied USAC race cars, will feature Midgets on a specially-constructed dirt oval inside the building located a stone’s throw from the first turn of
the “Magic Mile” south of DuQuoin.
The race will mark a return to indoor racing for USAC after an eight-year hiatus. Tony Stewart, who also owns a DuQuoin indoor victory, captured USAC’s last indoor race at Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Ind., the site of USAC’s inaugural race in January of 1956.
The last full USAC Midget race on dirt indoors was a 1990 race in the Reno (Nev.) Livestock Events Center won by Sleepy Tripp.
The December 19 special event will offer a format awarding position advancement through the prelims, similar to the Chili Bowl Nationals in Tulsa, Okla. Passing points from the heats and qualifiers will seed the lineups for the feature events. An open Hoosier Tire rule will be in effect with no weight or rev limits imposed. Additionally, no entry fee will be assessed to participants wishing to compete.
Also, as is the case for all USAC Midget events, drivers are not required to be USAC-licensed and no additional fees are assessed for temporary permits.
The Nick Knepper/Derek LeMaster promotion will honor Nick’s grandfather Walter Knepper, whose 58 career USAC feature victories included 34 in Sprints and 24 in Midgets, with drivers Bob Wente, Tom Bigelow, Mel Kenyon, George Snider, Dana Carter, Rich Vogler and Steve Knepper.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

11/28/15, 12:15 AM   #15
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

We originally weren't going to be able to attend due to a family commitment, but those plans have changed and now we are free on the 19th!! Can't wait to get back to DQ to watch this race. 👏🏻

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
11/28/15, 6:27 PM   #16
jim goerge

Jen Sorry about the family commitment, but am sure glad you guys will be at DQ. WWHHOOOOOO

1 member likes this post: wildman92
11/28/15, 11:11 PM   #17
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Jen Sorry about the family commitment, but am sure glad you guys will be at DQ. WWHHOOOOOO
Family commitment was just postponed. We are glad it's all going to work out!!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/29/15, 9:53 AM   #18
LUCKYONE

what is the name of the place that has fried blue gill? good food and some great racing don't get in better

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/29/15, 5:21 PM   #19
on_the_hammer

Is this just USAC midgets only? No support classes

11/29/15, 5:40 PM   #20
chathamracefan

Midgets only as far as I know. If it is anything like last year support classes are not needed. It was a fantastic show. I have my tickets for this year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2015 Battle at the Center?