IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wardracing8 (Offline)
  #1 11/29/15 10:14 PM
HoW many series out there are using the national rules for lightning sprints. Any help would be appreciated.
RickyBobby (Offline)
  #2 11/29/15 10:27 PM
As far as I'm aware, all of the clubs in the Midwest

Wisconsin Illinois Mini Sprints
Midwest Mini Sprint Association
Midwest Lightning Sprints
Central Illinois Mini Sprints (coming 2016)

MMSA averaged 21 cars for weekly shows under these guidelines. WIMS pulled in an average of 19 cars weekly. The defunct club in IL used to average around 17 or 18 at one point, and the new IL series will be running under the same guidelines as well.

Andrew Funk #8
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #3 11/30/15 12:04 AM
Not all series can agree on the language and how those rules are precieved. I know our series is rewriting the rules to align more with what we do with the tracks.

The success to our group this year was due to stock engines rules.

Forced by continuous tech and regular inspections. The former national rules had to many things that didn't pertain to us.

Such as how engines would be teched... (Our tech man techs what ever he wants)

We are our working to aleave those wording issues. Removing some gray areas pertaining to connecting rods, and lifting some bans on engines and longevity providing accessories. We also don't believe that any stock engine should be banned.
wardracing8 (Offline)
  #4 11/30/15 12:21 PM
Is there any other series out there that allow unlimited motors an midget rear ends?.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #5 11/30/15 1:15 PM
Originally Posted by wardracing8:
Is there any other series out there that allow unlimited motors an midget rear ends?.
Montpelier's Midget class would allow that; it's called the "Montpelier Midget Series" but it's not a travelling group. Montpelier tries to schedule 10-11 nights a year and there was an attempt to get more races under the same liberal rules at Union County Speedway but with rainouts and technical/financial issues there we only got in one complete show.
Since it's somewhat off topic I'll step away from the keyboard, having answered the basic question...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
wardracing8 (Offline)
  #6 11/30/15 3:10 PM
So are they allowed to run hyabusa motors and 1400cc with them. I thought it was limited to 1000cc
DAD (Offline)
  #7 11/30/15 3:27 PM
Ward

YEP You are welcome, It does have to look like a Midget>>>>Jim Jones would love the company.

Honest Dad himself
Chris Baue (Offline)
  #8 11/30/15 3:51 PM
Open motor rules at Montpelier.
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #9 11/30/15 5:17 PM
MMSA is 1000cc,

Hot setup for Montpeliar would be a 1400cc chain drive, rearend takes up a lot of hp. We have a hayabusa in stock.
the visitor (Offline)
  #10 11/30/15 8:42 PM
Question for the Midwest guy's........Where does this Usac/Powri/D2 thing I have been reading about come into play with the all the groups that have been around for a good while????