IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A call to arms
1/22/08, 5:39 PM   #1
A call to arms
dirtywhiteboy

Now that I have gotten your attention, lets try something.

Let's put the name calling, the BS, and the flaming aside and try to respond and post here in respect to others be they posters on here or people in the racing community.

I admit I have even let some of my posts get slightly out of hand but some of the things I have read here today are appauling to say the least. The use of words like "butthole" shouldn't be tolerated at all. I admit I am very passionateabout racing and have some vastly different opinions about things. We should try to understand the viewpoints of others and not blast or flame them for it.

Can we all do that and return this board to a place of fun and joking with people? Is that to much to ask? :confused:

1/22/08, 5:48 PM   #2
Re: A call to arms
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
well said,i agree 100%

1/22/08, 5:54 PM   #3
Millsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post

Let's put the name calling, the BS, and the flaming aside and try to respond and post here in respect to others be they posters on here or people in the racing community.

I admit I have even let some of my posts get slightly out of hand but some of the things I have read here today are appauling to say the least. The use of words like "butthole" shouldn't be tolerated at all. I admit I am very passionateabout racing and have some vastly different opinions about things. We should try to understand the viewpoints of others and not blast or flame them for it.

Can we all do that and return this board to a place of fun and joking with people? Is that to much to ask? :confused:
What a novel concept...

Unfortunately, there are some people around here who don't have any interest in peaceful and harmonious online interraction. This is the place where they can express themselves in a way that they cannot in real life. These people can be real confrontational and insulting as long as they're not standing in front of someone, so they take every opoortunity to say the things they don't have the courage to say face to face to anyone in the real world. It's been that way since they invented chat rooms and message boards, and it will never change.

I wish it were not true, but unfortunately, that's just the way some people roll.

Sad, but true.

Dean Mills

1/22/08, 5:57 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
What a novel concept...

Unfortunately, there are some people around here who don't have any interest in peaceful and harmonious online interraction. This is the place where they can express themselves in a way that they cannot in real life. These people can be real confrontational and insulting as long as they're not standing in front of someone, so they take every opoortunity to say the things they don't have the courage to say face to face to anyone in the real world. It's been that way since they invented chat rooms and message boards, and it will never change.

I wish it were not true, but unfortunately, that's just the way some people roll.

Sad, but true.

Dean Mills
Its really simple, Make everything they throw dissapear and if it continues, Delete the account.

Chuck, thinking if you wouldn't say it to a persons face. This isn't the place for it.

1/22/08, 6:11 PM   #5
jjones776

someone said "butthole" on here???? ohh my goodness. what has this world come to? :rolling:

1/22/08, 6:15 PM   #6
1BIGracefan

To delete all negative post is a full time job I believe Bill already has one of those. I do agree that some people dont have the "stones" to say the things they say here to your face. JMO

1/22/08, 6:21 PM   #7
NJDMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post

How can you be the one to start this thread?

You're one of the most disrespectful and ignorant people here.

1/22/08, 6:22 PM   #8
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go

I posted the same thing on 4m, and basically got ripped to shreds for posting my opinion about what Dean said perfectly. Thats the difference as to why I now no longer post on 4m, and am willing to just quit the Late Model business all together if this season is bad. And would rather post on here, where people stand up for putting your names on posts

I love this place...more so than I did when I was public enemy #1..lol

Id like to think ive been a very good boy on here for a while.

1/22/08, 6:25 PM   #9
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDMONEY View Post
How can you be the one to start this thread?

You're one of the most disrespectful and ignorant people here.
Now see that is what I am talking about. I am not disrespectful nor am I ignorant.

NJD there is a history between you and me. Okay, I am trying to be a nice person and when people post things like this it doesn't help the situation. Whne I saw the post where the term butthole was used I rethought about some of the posts I have put here. I am just trying to do a little so that the problem doesn't explode to the environment that is on other boards.

1/22/08, 6:34 PM   #10
RacinFool

Well DWB thats a great idea, I will admit that i'm very surprised you would be the one to start the post as you seem very combative on here. I came here primarily to talk racing and have some good exchange. We are all racing fans on here and as much as we talk racing, racing ******** and somtimes negatives one can't loose sight and resort to name calling,slams just because we might disagree......With that said
lets get back to some good talk about the sport/lifestyle we all love. :checkered: -Tom

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A call to arms