Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > little 500
5/27/15, 12:21 AM   #91
OSF

Very well said Tom, thanks for supporting the Little 500, see you next year

4 members like this post: 767, C Jagger, fish, speed bump
5/27/15, 9:35 AM   #92
Soldierboy2

R u referring to the conversations of the track period trecraft?

5/27/15, 9:51 AM   #93
rockstar5

The only changes I would like to see is effort on race day the track needs put in the effort like they do the week leading up to the race I understand that the fans dont want 20 lap caution to clean up a mess but its better than the infield looking like a junk yard as far as the push trucks practice makes perfect we spent time practicing pit stops it sucks to see a team get screwed by a truck driver it seamed to me the drivers where more interested in watching the race than doing there jobs
Last edited by rockstar5; 5/27/15 at 9:53 AM.

1 member likes this post: team3521
5/27/15, 12:58 PM   #94
Re: little 500
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oljonesy View Post
they used to throw bags of oil dry on the track at intervals, anyone remember that? bring back that practice and shut up and race.
I remember, them doing this. I even think they did it under green. I maybe wrong but didn't they use Cement powder?

1 member likes this post: cleatziff
5/27/15, 1:01 PM   #95
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar5 View Post
The only changes I would like to see is effort on race day the track needs put in the effort like they do the week leading up to the race I understand that the fans dont want 20 lap caution to clean up a mess but its better than the infield looking like a junk yard as far as the push trucks practice makes perfect we spent time practicing pit stops it sucks to see a team get screwed by a truck driver it seamed to me the drivers where more interested in watching the race than doing there jobs
I always thought they should have a school for how to push a Sprint Car off. To be good at it, requires more then having a truck with a push bumper.

3 members like this post: Mrs.Goacher5g, team3521, Wizard 05
5/27/15, 1:52 PM   #96
sprintracer82

Kinser11, I do remember my dad telling the story about the bags. They tossed out sandwich bags of dry cement right under green. I also remember they never would throw the red flag. My dad stopped for the huge fire in turn one and two because he refused to drive through it. He went 7 laps down because of it.
Nick Landon

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/27/15, 4:41 PM   #97
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

I also agree on the school for push trucks.. I know for a fact that twice my car has been taken out of a feature before it ever got started thanks to them.. even took out a new rear end one night thanks to one.
The Wizard
Dorr,Mi

1 member likes this post: team3521
5/27/15, 5:26 PM   #98
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintracer82 View Post
Kinser11, I do remember my dad telling the story about the bags. They tossed out sandwich bags of dry cement right under green. I also remember they never would throw the red flag. My dad stopped for the huge fire in turn one and two because he refused to drive through it. He went 7 laps down because of it.
Nick Landon

Your Dad wasn't pulling your leg for once. lol I will have to see if I can find a old program with the streaks, on the track. I even think it was discussed in a mid 70's program.

5/27/15, 5:28 PM   #99
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
I always thought they should have a school for how to push a Sprint Car off. To be good at it, requires more then having a truck with a push bumper.
You need to start one lol

5/27/15, 11:52 PM   #100
Joekocjan

Been trying to get out to see this race for years. Finally made it this year. From a first timer, I wouldn't change a thing. I thought it was a great race. Running 500 laps is gonna take some skill and a lot of luck. That's how it goes. Everyone has to deal with it. And to anyone who thinks this race needs to go to IRP or whatever it's called now is completely nuts

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > little 500