IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If I Win The Lottery…
11/28/12, 1:22 AM   #11
Re: If I Win The Lottery…
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
They are building condos at old 16th. street speedway
I know. I have 2 cousins living down there and one already told me. I'd have to try and re-create the place on some new land.

11/28/12, 3:45 AM   #12
Gregg

-Buy IndyCar. By midyear 2013 I figure it should be worth $10 million or less.

-Mandate that all Indy Cars to have engines in the front "where God intended them to be" by 2015.

-Make the Indy 500 $250K to win and $50K to start.

-Wings at an IndyCar race be limited to "old farts" having a 1970s vintage Paul McCartney CD in their car stereo.

-Employ any Hooters waitresses as consession stand workers & 50/50 girls if Hooters indeed goes bankrupt. (Hey this is my fantasy).

-Retire, get a motorhome and travel to the races like Bob and Monica.

-Try to convince the wife that the way to go is retire, get a motorhome and travel to the races like Bob and Monica.

Well, back to sleep. I have to work tomorrow.
Last edited by Gregg; 11/28/12 at 3:59 AM.

6 members like this post: DAD, jim goerge, Mud Packer, nathans1012, PJ Wright, TQ29m
11/28/12, 10:01 AM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
I'd Re-build 16th street speedway and race on Saturday nights with Full Size Midgets and try a race with 410 Non-Wing Sprints to see how that would work out.

Then start my own Sprint car (WOO & USAC) and Late Model teams and build few cars for my local track. Then donate a $1,000-$2,000 to each weekly track across the U.S.
Are you talking about "BUSH STADIUM" on 16th st. behind "Dan's Hotdog Stand", or the "OLD 16th st SPEEDWAY" at the corner of 16th and Georgetown rd across the road from the big Track.

Honest Dad himself

11/28/12, 10:24 AM   #14
TQ29m

I might as well get it overwith, no need to rebuild "Bush Stadium" as a race track on my account, I never did like racing there, as a driver, I enjoyed it more as the place I first saw a "real live" big time baseball game, back in about 1949-1950, it was an "exibition" game, can't remember who played, but they were "big" time, to an old country boy, I was in the 7th or 8th grade at the time. That was a good place to "disassemble" a race car, IMHO! Now, the true 16th street asphalt race track, was a different story. Bob

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
11/28/12, 10:44 AM   #15
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I might as well get it overwith, no need to rebuild "Bush Stadium" as a race track on my account, I never did like racing there, as a driver, I enjoyed it more as the place I first saw a "real live" big time baseball game, back in about 1949-1950, it was an "exibition" game, can't remember who played, but they were "big" time, to an old country boy, I was in the 7th or 8th grade at the time. That was a good place to "disassemble" a race car, IMHO! Now, the true 16th street asphalt race track, was a different story. Bob
Bush was the only race track that did not have corners, it had bases. When we raced there Doug figured out he didn't have to drive in the same pattern as everybody else did and we did really well there.

I think he and Johnny Heydenreich are tied for the altitude record there.

Honest Dad himself

11/28/12, 12:20 PM   #16
JDR37

Buy the best stuff rolling an pull the car to the track with an 70's truck an open trailer

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
11/28/12, 1:09 PM   #17
rdzsprint

Buy out the World of Outlaws and change them to a non-wing series, they used to run both ways in the beginning... Co-sanction some USAC vs. Woo races without the crutch on top... Make all sprint cars run full size sprint car tails again, ... much better looking, ... instead of the smaller bobtail looking tails they run now. Full size tails and fuel tanks 'might' stop the complaints about running out of fuel....

11/28/12, 3:10 PM   #18
treecitytornado

They run the full size 33 gallon in the WoO. Good Motors make about 200 more Horsepower than they did 25 or 30 years ago! That's why they use more fuel!
16th Street Speedway, "Bush Stadium," will still go down as one of my all time favorite tracks to race on! I sure do miss it and wish the All Star Sprints would have ran there, like all the rumors were saying!

I have 3 power play tickets for tonight and I never play! If I pulled off the miracle and won the big jackpot, I'd buy a nice big shop and hire some key people to take care of my new NASCAR Cup, Nationwide, and Truck operation along with my Indy Car. I will still have a World of Outlaw team and a USAC Sprint, Midget, and Champ Car too.

J.T.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by treecitytornado; 11/28/12 at 3:34 PM.

11/28/12, 4:12 PM   #19
TQ29m

I don't always say what people want to hear, but one thing about it, you will get my unabashed opinion, and that was simply it, we all have our favorite tracks to race on, but to me, that place was a just stand on the gas, and hit everything you could, and hope you made it thru, that was the only way to get to the gate to get out, which most of the time I was glad to see, I know a lot of guys that thought it was the second coming, me, I thought more like the last resort, but we had scheduled races there, so I went. An old friend of mine, Mark Bridges was kinda in charge of the activity there, and we had long talks about it, I won't say what I think he thought, best left alone, RIP Mark, one hell of a man! Bob

11/28/12, 5:58 PM   #20
sprntr

WHEN I win the Powerball tonight I will:

1. Cut the PHONE LINE.

2. Flush the CELL PHONE.

3. Take the CASH.

4. Move to Indy.

5. Build a 4 car team to run the 3 USAC series.

6. Set up Trust Funds for my 2 sons & my grandson.

7. Spoil the WIFE.

8. Piss away the rest on Cigars & Beer!

steiny
Last edited by sprntr; 11/28/12 at 5:59 PM.

3 members like this post: 500BOMBER, jim goerge, Robert Ballou
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If I Win The Lottery…