IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Banquet
11/1/12, 9:56 PM   #1
MMSA Banquet
Bill May

The MMSA would like to thank the 75 cars (33 Members & 42 Guests) from 7 states that raced with us in 2012.
We completed 15 races (10 cancelled,rain & heat) resulting in 9 different winners on 8 tracks ranging in size
from 1/5 to 1/2 mi. Making 2012 another successful season

Banquet details are posted on the MMSA website, 2013 rules are also posted.

Bill may

5 members like this post: awnunn, Copperhead, DAD, karmaracing, Mike M 67
11/4/12, 10:37 AM   #2
Re: MMSA Banquet
lucky 4

good call on your rules bill if you just fallow through on tech this is what all series and tracks need to do
i bet there will be alot of motors for sale or sitting in the
shop now

2 members like this post: D.L. 122, karmaracing
11/6/12, 2:51 PM   #3
Bill May

I need response from those planning to attend.

Bill May

11/6/12, 7:23 PM   #4
Colin25

Count on four of us maybe five.

11/6/12, 8:52 PM   #5
suzuki756

Bill just want to say you did a great job this year ! I raced a few with you (alot of Softball games)kept me home for my daughter which is more important to me will do a few maybe next year if the car does not sell, if it sells I am out of racing for awile. Keep working your doing a fine job and the mmsa people should be proud to have you.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: awnunn, DAD, scott bradley1x, tricky3t33
11/7/12, 8:51 AM   #6
Bradleyracing86

"No after market internal parts, nor lightening of stock parts."

There goes the neighborhood!

Good to see.

It's important people know what this means;
Stock: Cam, valves, rods, pistons, cranks, and gears. I feel like initial inspection should be a pan off. The tech guys also need to know what they are looking for.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 11/7/12 at 8:59 AM.

11/7/12, 9:55 AM   #7
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post

Good to see.

Stock: Cam, valves, rods, pistons, cranks, and gears. I feel like initial inspection should be a pan off. The tech guys also need to know what they are looking for.

Posted via Mobile Device
Sure sounds like a can of "WORMS" to me. I would suggest that everyone order at least one head gasket today best be prepared. It usually takes a week or two to get one of them things. Then not all of us can pull one of these things apart and put it back together again. "SO" If I don't like you for some reason or another all I have to do is come up with a little cash and protest you. You will probably be legal but you will also probably be knocked out of a race or two and somebody else is probably going to make a few extra bucks putting you back together to race again.

I have one of them little things like a doctor uses to look up different holes in the body to check things out. It is small enough to go into a 10mm spark plug hole and look around, it will also look inside of the crankcase to look for Ti rods ($4000.00 a set) and other things like knife edged cranks. On an old Kaw all you have to do is remove a side cover and stick it in.

I know everybody is worried about them $6000.00 motors, and this concern will kill the sport. Motor builders are using pic of championship cars and drivers to build their motor sales, that is a good thing for the builder, then he can sell you guys a bunch of glittering bull *****, the only problem is you probably won't go any faster with the hot rod motor. Look at those drivers and ask yourself "how would they do in my car?"

Every body thinks "Spike" is what they need to win the Chili Bowl, But what they really need is a Swindell to drive and set up their car. But racers being what they are go out and buy one of John's cars and keep dreaming about what if.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: slidewayz28
11/7/12, 10:32 PM   #8
suzuki756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post

Good to see.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

11/7/12, 10:49 PM   #9
suzuki756

If you told me to pull a head or oil pan off at the track I tell you to kiss off know way in hell that's going to happen for the pay we get to win if anyone actually does it I would have to say your an idiot. None of us do this for the money and my ti parts are way to expensive to get dirt all over them hell the ti crank alone DAD was 6g not including the one off set of rods and pistons the special head gasket hell it takes 2 months to get that made got to send the head out to have the gasket made.
Buy a scope no way my motor is coming apart. If you want it to be fare to everyone stop racing !
you needto to stop nothing is fare people. You don't need to work anymore you will still get health insurance and your I phone will be paid in full every month and un 2013 you will get a raise for not working unless your retired on ss then well your screwed

Posted via Mobile Device

11/8/12, 8:03 AM   #10
Quantrill

If your going to put a rule in place you have to be able to back it up. MLS has been effect this last season by built motors. It effected car count do to the fact that people who put the time and effort into there racing were being beat by motors that are by far more HP. And people STOPPED showing up. If this is allowed to continue the class will suffer. No one wants to show up to a gun fight with a knife so to speak. Racers have to know it boils down to driver, car set up to win not who has the best built motor or who can spend the most money in the class.

What MLS is looking at is sealing the motors with a NHRA seal then letting the guy take the car home clean it and then bring it to a tech person to inspect it. Yes it is a PITA but this class is not about who can spend the most money. Its about racing open wheel, making a little money and having fun. If you dont back up your rules then leave it open so everyone can compete on a level field. Because no tech is worse then just leaving the class open.
Last edited by Quantrill; 11/8/12 at 8:44 AM.

2 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Banquet