IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway 4/15
4/12/16, 7:08 AM   #1
Bloomington Speedway 4/15
Bloomington Speedway

Eddie Gilstrap Motors Inc. presents USAC sprints. Opening night this Friday. Pit gates open 4:30, hot laps at 6:40. General admission gates open at 5:30. We look forward to seeing all our friends at the speedway this Friday. Racesaver Sprints and MMSA non wing join the fun as well this Friday.

4/13/16, 8:17 PM   #2
Bloomington Speedway

Weather is looking great for this Friday at the Bloomington Speedway! Amsoil USAC Sprints, Kinser Air Filter RaceSavers, and MMSA non wing.
General Admission: $20
Pits: $30
Kids 12 and under free general admission with paid adult.

3 members like this post: dctracy79, DirtHawk92, racegal
4/13/16, 10:29 PM   #3
Re: Bloomington Speedway 4/15
beaner

USAC road trip ready from the Mitten to the North. Will be adding Indiana race track visits number 26 & 27 with new tracks Bloomington & Tri-State this weekend.
*Indiana Non-wing Memories: Jon Stanbrough at Kokomo in a Jack Hewitt Classic several years ago (maybe 2006 or 2007) with an awesome win running up at the wall...I was impressed. Also remember first time at Terre Haute and watching the speed and "dancing" of the cars down the front straight. Clearly a WOW moment. Pleasant thoughts of a USAC-MSCS co-sanction at Lawrenceburg with over 50 cars in the pits and excellent racing. After a great conversation with Daron Clayton in the pits, he gets upside down coming to the green in a front stretch pile-up.
-I look forward to making new memories this weekend as this is my lid-lifter for the year. Indoor Ft Wayne seemed sooooo long ago. Let's Go Racing!!!!

4/15/16, 6:54 AM   #4
beaner

Race Day is here with great weather still expected. Not much chatter for the USAC twinbill this weekend but I hope it is well attended. I guess you get used to it if you live in Indiana and have the best non-wing racing around in your backyard weekly but we don't have nearly the amount of cars here in Michigan.

Say hi if you see me tonight....will have a STAC Racing shirt on (Short Track Action Club) with a black Eldora hat.

4/15/16, 7:51 AM   #5
Bloomington Speedway

Race day has arrived! All systems are a go for tonight. Big announcement with Bloomington Speedway and USAC tonight at the track. We look forward to seeing everyone tonight at the races!

5 members like this post: bigq11, DirtHawk92, hbmundy, racegal, wildman92
4/15/16, 9:49 AM   #6
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
Race Day is here with great weather still expected. Not much chatter for the USAC twinbill this weekend but I hope it is well attended. I guess you get used to it if you live in Indiana and have the best non-wing racing around in your backyard weekly but we don't have nearly the amount of cars here in Michigan.

Say hi if you see me tonight....will have a STAC Racing shirt on (Short Track Action Club) with a black Eldora hat.
No racing to speak of in Wisconsin either! Especially this year !
Have fun at Bloomington!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/15/16, 12:08 PM   #7
Nate

Finally the weather is cooperating. Headed that way in a few hours.

4/15/16, 12:25 PM   #8
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Finally the weather is cooperating. Headed that way in a few hours.
Me too. Y'know, many of us have been critical of the B'town operation over the last couple of years but to their credit, you don't find other tracks featuring USAC Sprints for $20 without HARF or some other discount.
Thanks Bloomington!!

4/15/16, 5:40 PM   #9
NeddDogg28

Im,sure this has been asked I just can't find it what's the cooler rule for here

4/15/16, 6:14 PM   #10
addictedtodirt

Keep it small, and no glass.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway 4/15