IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway 4/15
4/15/16, 6:23 PM   #11
v8j

37 still sucks lots of traffic

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, racefan20
4/16/16, 1:56 AM   #12
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

B.C. parks it, from 11th to first, great night of racing.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racegal, Speedsme61x
4/16/16, 1:26 PM   #13
Re: Bloomington Speedway 4/15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Enjoyed opening night; great racing, visiting with friends I hadn't seen since last season in many cases, and the Mrs. came with me for the first time in a long while which made it pretty near perfect. The only fly in the ointment came in trying to exit the lower parking lot. Apparently there was a multi vehicle melee on Fairfax Road which brought the line exiting the parking lot to a standstill for several minutes. Don't know for sure what happened, but I did see at least three damaged vehicles. When there is a large crowd and vehicles are parked across the street, it results in cars approaching from multiple directions, as well as pedestrian traffic. Last year, there was a police presence after some of the big races, and it would be a good idea if that would occur on a regular basis to avoid situations such as that which developed last night.
Thanks to the management for providing a very entertaining program of all open wheel cars and for the five dollar admission price for next weeks' show. See everyone there next week!

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, racegal
4/16/16, 2:41 PM   #14
Rpracing1

Ron. We were exiting onto Fairfax road from the upper parking lot when the crash happened. I have no idea how it happened but we were right in front of it. I figured there would be a delay getting out. We lucked out

1 member likes this post: ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway 4/15