IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off topic
5/8/23, 10:51 PM   #1
Off topic
Puppy

I know tis is IoW but bare with me.
Have you guys seen Dale E. Jr's Dirty Mo Media show where he interviews different people? Kype Petty has done something like that, Kenny Wallace as well at the Stapleton 42 guy that goe to old Cup race shops in the Charlotte area? There are others.
I'm wondering if you guys have seen anyone doing this with the IndyCar history? Anything? I'd love for someone to gather some insdie info/stories about the teams, chief mechanics, team owners and old shops. Anybody at all doing something similar on Youtube or Podcast?
Thanks in advance!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema
5/8/23, 11:04 PM   #2
Re: Off topic
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
I know tis is IoW but bare with me.
Have you guys seen Dale E. Jr's Dirty Mo Media show where he interviews different people? Kype Petty has done something like that, Kenny Wallace as well at the Stapleton 42 guy that goe to old Cup race shops in the Charlotte area? There are others.
I'm wondering if you guys have seen anyone doing this with the IndyCar history? Anything? I'd love for someone to gather some insdie info/stories about the teams, chief mechanics, team owners and old shops. Anybody at all doing something similar on Youtube or Podcast?
Thanks in advance!
Talk of Gasoline Alley with Donald Davidson, he retired a couple of years back but here is collection of his radio show going back to 2000.

https://doctorindy.com/the-talk-of-g...episode-guide/

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, Ken Bonnema, Puppy, Will Shunk
5/8/23, 11:57 PM   #3
The55

There are a bunch of videos from Robin Miller where he talks about the older days of Indy racing. Davison is an encyclopedia but his delivery can be quite dry. Miller is always entertaining.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cmakin, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69
5/9/23, 7:49 AM   #4
WB22

Dinner with racers has a lot of episodes with Indy car guys.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Blitzman, BrentTFunk, oppweld, Will Shunk
5/9/23, 4:41 PM   #5
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Talk of Gasoline Alley with Donald Davidson, he retired a couple of years back but here is collection of his radio show going back to 2000.

https://doctorindy.com/the-talk-of-g...episode-guide/
I'm aware of Donald Davidson but didnt know about this, Thank you!
Yes Robin Miller was great, Miss him....

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
5/10/23, 4:45 AM   #6
Hubie48

I have lived on the West Side of Indy my entire life.

Jimmy Reece used to live across from Speedway High School. Bob Sweikert had a huge shop at the address behind 16th and Luette (just East of IMS) that housed many a racer over the years (Howard Gilbert, Bill Puterbaugh) Don and AJ Sheppard had a Marathon Gas station at 16th and Tibbs. American Indy Car Mechanic School was next to Gene White Firestone on 16th. Keplar's Garage was a huge beehive of Indy Racing which was off an ally on Main Street in Speedway. I could go on and on... that History Mystery guy needs to read a book or two.

5/10/23, 6:34 AM   #7
Tonymain74

David Land has a podcast/vlog that covers Indy. Along with Marshall Puruett and racer.com

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/10/23, 6:49 PM   #8
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
I have lived on the West Side of Indy my entire life.

Jimmy Reece used to live across from Speedway High School. Bob Sweikert had a huge shop at the address behind 16th and Luette (just East of IMS) that housed many a racer over the years (Howard Gilbert, Bill Puterbaugh) Don and AJ Sheppard had a Marathon Gas station at 16th and Tibbs. American Indy Car Mechanic School was next to Gene White Firestone on 16th. Keplar's Garage was a huge beehive of Indy Racing which was off an ally on Main Street in Speedway. I could go on and on... that History Mystery guy needs to read a book or two.

I'm aware of the Hystery Mystery Guy as well as David Land ,Marshall Puruett and racer.com, all good stuff but not what I'm talking about with some of these stock car guys with thier diving into crew chief stories, car owner stories and driver stories.... I just think it would be great to have someting like what they do about the open wheel world...

1 member likes this post: Tonymain74
5/11/23, 4:58 PM   #9
Hubie48

Well Robin had more stories like this than Carter had liver pills. Most are not for public consumption which is why everyone trusted him.

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
5/11/23, 7:12 PM   #10
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
Well Robin had more stories like this than Carter had liver pills. Most are not for public consumption which is why everyone trusted him.
https://dinnerwithracers.com/ep-63-robin-miller/

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off topic