IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Issues returning to idle
5/21/17, 8:38 PM   #1
Issues returning to idle
TMAC

The motor is a 2012 R1 on a Rosson injection system with a PC V and auto tuner as well as an accumulator. With the first start up you can free rev the engine and it will return to idle. The motor will idle fine on start up. Once engine is "warm" and oil pressure drops, the motor will not return to idle after free rev and just cuts out. I've tried different maps, different fuel pressures, and everything else I can think. I was hoping someone maybe has had this issue and has a fix for it or knows of someone who could take a look at it. We are trying to sellout and need to get the car running right ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated

5/22/17, 1:38 PM   #2
Re: Issues returning to idle
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I hope you get a response; I'm having similar issues with a GSXR, same setup except no auto-tune (and the PC-V is currently unhooked). Once up to temp idle will often "hang" at around 4500, then settle back down, but will sometimes then die, and I have to cycle the ignition switch to fire back up. Runs fine at speed though.
If I get someone to figure it out through other channels I'll post here.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 5/22/17 at 1:43 PM.

5/22/17, 11:07 PM   #3
ernart3

Sounds to me like you need to adjust valves

5/23/17, 9:59 AM   #4
goforit14

I have similar issue with GSXR with PC V. Once warm and crack throttle sometimes it dies. I found out thru leak down test some valves were leaking. Getting that fixed now and I will post results when I get it together..

6/12/17, 7:46 AM   #5
Plumbcrzy

If you have a Rosson injection on the back side near the bottom injectors there is a small (flat Head)screw for each valve. These need to be adjusted and I'm willing to bet that you have some that are completely closed and maybe some open a little bit. Screw them all the way in and then back each one out the same turns. Right now on my 13 R1 I have mine 2 full turns out. You may need to play with it a little bit but this is what we found that solved the cut out after revving issue.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Issues returning to idle