IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg on Monday
5/28/19, 1:02 AM   #31
Re: Burg on Monday
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
Does anyone know if we can expect Larson Bell or any of the other “nascar” guys again this year
Sweet, Kraig Kinser, & Rico can count as "Nascar guys" too (lol)...they made starts in the 2nd/3rd tier of it anyway...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/29/19, 7:11 AM   #32
MBoersma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I don’t think there was much Bell could have done other than crash by himself or with Larson given the way Larson crowded him.

Was a good race, could have been great but the yellows would come out every 7-8 laps or so which robbed us of the leaders in lapped traffic.
Both cars had a brake pedal in them...

5/29/19, 8:57 AM   #33
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

The racing was awesome Monday night. Larson had the line Bell didn't back down so he wrecked totally his fault and a racing deal. Feature was action packed all threw out the field. Totally not follow the leader lots of battles going on. For all you people who say I'm not going because the WoO sucks and it's dusty, theres no passing etc. Well you missed a heck of a race. Plus it was only $30 bucks for GA! Was it dusty yes but that's how the outlaws race. Get it over! Plus WhoGivesASchatz didn't win either!

5/29/19, 4:18 PM   #34
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Has anybody watched the in car from Bell's car? Larson crossed the track big time, there is no way Bell is going to expect that. No racer ever, would have been getting on the brakes in time to avoid that.

5/29/19, 7:47 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Watch the WoO highlights? Bell stuck it up there, biked the cushion and flipped.

5/30/19, 2:39 AM   #36
hoosierboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Has anybody watched the in car from Bell's car? Larson crossed the track big time, there is no way Bell is going to expect that. No racer ever, would have been getting on the brakes in time to avoid that.
I thought the exact same when I watched it. Larson gave him the line or could’ve gotten squirrelly then stuffed the right rear up there maybe as an attempt to recover from the hiccup and run the top or a block. Can’t tell if contact was made but definitely nothing Bell could’ve done

5/30/19, 11:45 AM   #37
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Kyle Larson is my #1 driver... CBell is my #2 driver (Be interesting to see if that can continue like that.. lol) but what I saw live and then confirmed in my mind after watching replays is that Larson absolutely crowded Christopher and that lead to Christopher jumping the cushion because he had no where else to go.
Larson was down a lane after getting sideways on the frontstretch and Bell was not far enough beside Larson soon enough for Larson to know he was there; so Kyle went for the cushion because he thought it was his corner. From Christopher's view point Kyle had left a lane on the top for him to get to the outside and the break in Kyle's momentum from being sideways allowed him to get halfway beside him entering the corner but only just got there, and Larson made the call to drive up to the cushion. I watched the replay in slow motion, and Bell did jump on brakes as you can see the nose dive, but he was in too far too late and as he went above the cushion to avoid contact, the lip and a tap from Larson's RR to Bell's LF was enough to send him for a ride.

Was it a product of just hard racing without mirrors and spotters, yes. Is it technically Kyle's fault.. I think so; going from a lane down up to the cushion when you know your in the middle of a battle, is a risk move. But that's racing.
Last edited by brsteg; 5/30/19 at 11:51 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg on Monday