IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new manag
1/25/19, 2:10 PM   #1
Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new manag
admin

1/25/19 2:05 PM BLOOMINGTON SPEEDWAY OPENS 2019 SEASON UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...new-management

BLOOMINGTON SPEEDWAY OPENS 2019 SEASON UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

Bloomington, Indiana (January 16, 2019)………Bloomington Speedway, whose racing tradition dates back to 1923, begins a new era in 2019 under a management team led by Bloomington native and USAC Silver Crown manager A.J. Bowlen and the United States Auto Club.

Track improvements are now in the planning stages to assure that the iconic southern Indiana quarter-mile, red clay oval continues to provide thrills for generations to come - the racing entertainment that has excited race fans for the past century.

Planned improvements include new grandstand seating, enhanced safety fencing and overall grounds upgrades over the course of the next 24 months with an effort focused on enhancing the fan experience.

Bloomington Speedway will have a concise 2019 racing calendar to allow management time for the planned improvements.* More events could be added as the season unfolds and improvements are addressed.

A seven-race schedule is slated for action at Bloomington.* The USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship makes a pair of appearances on the 2019 schedule, including the season-opening “Larry Rice Classic” on April 12 and the annual visit during “Indiana Sprint Week” on July 26 for the “Sheldon Kinser Memorial.”* Bloomington is the only track to host an event in each of the 32 years Indiana Sprint Week dating back to 1988.

The Midwest Sprint Car Series resumes at Bloomington on May 24 for the “Josh Burton Memorial” before the USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship arrives on June 7 for the 15th annual edition of “Indiana Midget Week.”* Both the May 3 “Salute to Mike Miles” and “Bob Kinser Memorial” on August 9 feature an “open” event showcasing Sprint Cars.

The team will be revamping all of Bloomington Speedway websites and social media platforms throughout the coming weeks.* The track’s website can be found at www.bloomingtonspeedway.com.* On social media, Twitter: @BloomSpeedway, Facebook: Bloomington Speedway and Instagram: @bloomspeedway.

2019 BLOOMINGTON SPEEDWAY SCHEDULE

Apr 12: “Larry Rice Classic” – USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship

May 3: “Salute to Mike Miles” – Sprint Cars

May 24: “Josh Burton Memorial” – Midwest Sprint Car Series

Jun 7: “Indiana Midget Week” – USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship

Jul 5: “Fireworks Festival” – TBA

Jul 26: “Indiana Sprint Week” / “Sheldon Kinser Memorial” – USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship

Aug 9: “Bob Kinser Memorial” – Sprint Cars

**Schedule subject to change

1/25/19, 4:08 PM   #2
zdp300

Honestly I think this is great. They will give the Speedway updates that are desperately needed. They can make up for the complete lack of social media presence in the past and they can always add more shows if need be. I think this is a good opportunity to breath some life back into the place and a definite foot forward!

1/25/19, 4:17 PM   #3
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

As long as they keep the ice cream machine, we’ll be good. 😀

1/25/19, 4:29 PM   #4
Re: Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new m
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

New catch fence has me excited.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
1/25/19, 4:32 PM   #5
superstock30

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 15+

I am in no way trying to be a Debbie Downer, I am very glad that the track is staying open!!! But doesn't this give us 3 tracks running on Friday nights?.?.? Gas City, Bloomington and now Paragon??

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
1/25/19, 4:46 PM   #6
kcarm92

Are these stand alone races or any support classes

1/25/19, 5:14 PM   #7
kinser

Here’s my question: USAC can’t pay bigger purses but they can lease a racetrack and spend money to make improvements ??

1/25/19, 5:32 PM   #8
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
Here’s my question: USAC can’t pay bigger purses but they can lease a racetrack and spend money to make improvements ??
usac has a minimum purse, the promoters can always chip in more money if they want.... I really don't see that happening.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
1/25/19, 6:36 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
I thought they paid the highest of any non wing group in the country. True it is not World of Outlaw money, but they don't stay out on the road like the Outlaws. It also doesn't cost $40 or more to see a regular race. I did see where Grandview is now paying $10,000 to win on the Eastern Storm. The others are paying $6000. Any promoter could pay more, but fans and teams would have to support them.

1/25/19, 6:50 PM   #10
chasinracin2

Hope they put in some new lights and a P.A. system that you can actually hear.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new manag