IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Question
9/2/19, 3:46 PM   #11
miledirt

We sat way high far down in turn 1. What a thing of beauty to watch guys running inches from the wall between 1 and 2, while others running the bottom.

Really wish this series had its own Daytona or Indy, higher paying big event on the schedule. I watch INDYCAR and NASCAR, enjoy both. The 500 will always be the greatest race in the world but man I love this series. How cool would it be to have the NOS Energy Drink _________ 100 for $30,000 to win, Bell and Larson on the entry list

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, sprinter31
9/2/19, 3:49 PM   #12
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

This years Ted Horn Memorial 100 was thoroughly enjoyable with exciting racing throughout the event. The naysayers who don’t attend because they think the cars get strung out are missing some excellent racing.
I enjoy the sprint cars on the short ovals at the weekly races, but there is nothing like the sight of the big beautiful Silver Crown cars on the Magic Mile under the lights.
I am looking forward to the 2020 renewal of this great event and I would love to see a packed grandstand.
Last edited by ronmil; 9/2/19 at 4:08 PM.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld, PJ Wright, sprinter31, ThePurple73
9/2/19, 4:56 PM   #13
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Crowds on Non Fair dates would the key running these tracks twice each year. A large crowd at the Springfield make up race would probably go along way to that becoming a reality. If they were run on the weekends NASCAB was off even better!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99
9/2/19, 5:49 PM   #14
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
No they are not but, judging by the size of the field, they appear to be an endangered species. The Silver Crown race was very enjoyable!
True, but the same could've been said about the Silver Crown cars just a few years ago.

9/2/19, 6:15 PM   #15
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
True, but the same could've been said about the Silver Crown cars just a few years ago.
You're right. Since ARCA is now owned by NASCAR, it will be up to them to save it.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

9/2/19, 8:25 PM   #16
ThrowbackRacingTeam

The last 4 dirt mile races have been excellent with multigroove racing. I have a hunch they are running harder tires as it doesn't appear to take rubber like it used to and become one groove. Last year and this year have been the best I've seen. To those who gave up on these races, you need to come back. These things are intense and not worth missing. I am trying to bring as many people to Springfield with me as I can possibly get to go and I hope everyone who cares does the same!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, miledirt, oppweld, ronmil
9/3/19, 4:00 AM   #17
Re: DuQuoin Question
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
The last 4 dirt mile races have been excellent with multigroove racing. I have a hunch they are running harder tires as it doesn't appear to take rubber like it used to and become one groove. Last year and this year have been the best I've seen. To those who gave up on these races, you need to come back. These things are intense and not worth missing. I am trying to bring as many people to Springfield with me as I can possibly get to go and I hope everyone who cares does the same!
Would have to agree...maybe more water on the tracks too? (I know Springfield last year it rained that night/morning) &, likewise, will be telling ALL my friends & family (that care about racing, lol), they need to go with me in 3 weeks! (I'm glad its that wknd...the local paved track - Rockford Speedway - doesn't run [altho they have the Winged Sprints the next weekend, the 27th & 28th] & I'm keeping the calendar clear for Sept 22nd).

& ya, let's hope ARCA racing keeps goin/improves...ANY stock car series (lets add Trucks to that list too) that run on dirt is cool! I think NASCAR will have to do smthn with the K&N deal and maybe combine it more with ARCA, but let's hope they keep the name & get it so they are having 24/26+ car fields across the board...time will tell...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 9/3/19 at 4:07 AM.

2 members like this post: dirt330, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Question