IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC screws paid Floracing fan
7/6/19, 2:15 PM   #41
Re: USAC screws paid Floracing fan

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Can't believe all the fuss over this over the price of a race ticket. Yes it is the price of admission to get video of this event. A price we all pay regularly once or twice every week to attend a race. IMO all PPV should be the price of a ticket. Why should they pay less. they get all the racing action, maybe replays, can hear the announcers, have clean restrooms(maybe), save on gas, don't buy concessions and yet complain if it cost more than $1.50.

Get over it Knox already had a deal in place, its not really a USAC show or what ever the reason.

Oh and I read on another board that Dirtvision showed Knoxville during all the Outlaw rain delays. I would see if you could get a partial refund if you bought the Knoxville package and already had the Outlaw package. HAHAHAHA

3 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, robert gatten, Will Shunk
7/6/19, 2:35 PM   #42
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
What are we suppose to see here? I see a link to USAC specific events. It even goes as far as to list out some of the marquee events throughout the year (5th paragraph) with one glaring omission: Knoxville Cornbelt Nationals. probably because it’s not a USAC speci... never mind.

7/6/19, 4:20 PM   #43
miledirt

I’m a DirtVision and Flo subscriber...the issue is not the $40 for Knoxville. The issue is that they (Flo and USAC) advertised all national events. This is a national event. Its been on the USAC schedule all year and in their PR for the event. But so what... I’ll watch outlaws at Cedar Lake on DV, then flipped over to Flo af 9:30 to watch the A at Knoxville. USAC was cool about it last night on Twitter. They conceded it was a bad deal, but hey people make mistakes.

Movin’ on... now the big question is, who takes the 20k and the first ever Cornbelt?!
Last edited by miledirt; 7/6/19 at 4:21 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin
7/6/19, 4:52 PM   #44
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I’m a DirtVision and Flo subscriber...the issue is not the $40 for Knoxville. The issue is that they (Flo and USAC) advertised all national events. This is a national event. Its been on the USAC schedule all year and in their PR for the event. But so what... I’ll watch outlaws at Cedar Lake on DV, then flipped over to Flo af 9:30 to watch the A at Knoxville. USAC was cool about it last night on Twitter. They conceded it was a bad deal, but hey people make mistakes.

Movin’ on... now the big question is, who takes the 20k and the first ever Cornbelt?!
I think if they would have got out ahead of this one, owned it up front and made a statement like "Due to circumstances beyond our control.... Sorry for the inconvenience." they probably would have saved themselves a bunch of grief. It's not the end of the world, as long as they don't make it a standard practice. With that said, nothing would make me happier than to come home from the Bill Gardner Sprintacular tonight, tune into Flo Racing and watch Jason McDougal win the Cornbelt Nationals in the Daigh-Phillips Motorsports 71P!

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/6/19 at 5:20 PM.

7/6/19, 5:44 PM   #45
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I agree Jerry. While Im done with it.
The point is, It makes 150 dollars become 170 dollars to include what you thought was included. It was also advertised on Flo until a couple days ago as Fri and Sat live.

7/6/19, 5:57 PM   #46
ThePurple73

It seems it is becoming more and more in our culture where businesses false advertise on the internet and think or expect to get away with it.

I find it hard to believe Knoxville wouldn't allow both video groups to cover, Flo could have at least simulcast.

7/6/19, 9:41 PM   #47
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
It seems it is becoming more and more in our culture where businesses false advertise on the internet and think or expect to get away with it.

I find it hard to believe Knoxville wouldn't allow both video groups to cover, Flo could have at least simulcast.
Folks say you should just be thankful... well I am thankful there are options and we can consume more than ever. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out poor practices.

What happened 4 days before the event should have never happened and a better compromise should have been made. All parties should have done better.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, spicoli
7/6/19, 10:18 PM   #48
Rpracing1

Oh no, can’t post any negativity anywhere. All good and everyone gets a trophy!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/6/19 at 10:24 PM.

4 members like this post: mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/6/19, 11:50 PM   #49
huskermudd

I pay 40 bucks a month for speed shift and it’s worth every penny

7/6/19, 11:58 PM   #50
ossuks

Wow, should have let them 14 of us complaining watch the entire event, from the looks of the crowd we would have doubled the exposure!! I know it is a big place, but wow!!

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC screws paid Floracing fan