Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
5/25/19, 11:31 PM   #31
Non wing lover

Little 500 sorry

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/26/19, 12:07 AM   #32
sp6967

pippa mann instead of kody swanson, please wake me up.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/26/19, 3:31 AM   #33
Re: Little 500
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

That was a plain spanking. Santo's was the only one able to hold the lead lap and went in for a new RR just to try it. Didn't hurt everyone else was at least two down.

I think Wilson took third from Hollingsworth. Swanson and Hollingsworth both pitted together the second time and hollingsworth held him off about 40 laps. In the last two hundred laps Swanson Lapped Hollingsworth at least four times.

Congrats Kody Swanson, Just a out and out clinic.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, RacinBabe, team3521
5/26/19, 11:00 AM   #34
Kendall2020

Congrats team Nolen Racing! Lead 499 laps of 500. Swanson was/is on a different level right now.

3 members like this post: team3521, tigerone, tirespinner
5/26/19, 11:25 AM   #35
racer-x

I’m going to lol every time I hear on tv today about the I Indy 500 having the worlds best drivers and greatest spectacle in racing. I’m sure at one time it was true but not being able to pronounce half the fields name today doesn’t make it sound very American to me.

Not putting any other driver down last night because I respect every one of them but watching Swanson pass cars the entire race last night makes me think of him being more a hero then about anyone racing at the big track today..

I got to watch pole day for the little 5 , the last Hoosier 100 and last nights little 500 . I think i was able to witness The Greatest Spectacle in Racing!

5/27/19, 2:02 AM   #36
Non wing lover

Racer-x 15 of the starters in Indy 500 were americans 2 drove midgets and sprints liked to Kody get a chance at the ole brickyard in lights get lots lap in them cars then move to full indycar we will see hope windom gets another start too but got to more than just indy

2 members like this post: miledirt, tirespinner
5/27/19, 11:28 AM   #37
ISF

The NASCARization of the crowd at the Little 500 is complete and successful. During the last 10 laps or more, and at various times all during the race, my 5' 3" wife experienced the hugely exciting images of the backs of heads and shoulders of people in front of us. That was the view when she stood, she got a much clearer view of where the brains and consideration of the people who were standing are located if she remained seated. We'd really love to be briefed on the thought process of how standing up enhances the spectating experience and renders it so much more exciting and enjoyable for everyone.

5/27/19, 7:34 PM   #38
racer-x

I usually stand from the wave lap at the start till a few laps into the race. It’s my happy time of the night and it’s like a drug that is legal just to be there. At the end of that race Saturday night I stood up when the 5 lap to go hand came out. If it would have been a lower class race at the speedway I am sure I would have just sat because the excitement wouldn’t have been there. That race was exciting from the first lap to the final lap if you ask me. Maybe your wife and you don’t have a passion for racing like some of us do???

5/27/19, 8:07 PM   #39
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
Maybe your wife and you don’t have a passion for racing like some of us do???
Oh, we're as passionate as anyone or we wouldn't bother traveling 4 hours one way and make the monetary commitment to attend. As I said, my wife is 5' 3" and when average size people stand up in front of her she can't see anything but those people's backs and the backs of their heads even if she stands up herself. When those same average sized people stay seated she can see perfectly even while seated herself. She would like to be able to see the action as much as anyone else.

Whether someone stands is not a measurement of passion nor is it justification for rudely spoiling the experience of those who can't see over others who see fit to stand. It's a mystery as to how passion is measured by whether or not one stands. It would seem to be more of a measurement of consideration, or lack thereof, for those behind them who aren't of a certain height.
Last edited by ISF; 5/27/19 at 8:09 PM.

5/27/19, 9:28 PM   #40
racer-x

[QUOTE=ISF;514082]Oh, we're as passionate as anyone or we wouldn't bother traveling 4 hours one way and make the monetary commitment to attend. As I said, my wife is 5' 3" and when average size people stand up in front of her she can't see anything but those people's backs and the backs of their heads even if she stands up herself. When those same average sized people stay seated she can see perfectly even while seated herself. She would like to be able to see the action as much as anyone else.{quote}

I understand the seating is kinda tight there with so many people in the stands. Our seats were the second row from the top off turn 4 and we didn’t even walk up the stairs that far. We just decided to sit towards the bottom part of the bleachers so my couple episodes of my ADD kicking in probably wasn’t a problem. If I ever block your view just tap me on the shoulder and I will keep it to a minimum..

1 member likes this post: team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500