IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester Rumor
3/2/19, 8:26 PM   #11
motorhead748

No arguing he's made a ton of improvements to the track in rossburg, but to me and many others it's not eldora anymore.

3/2/19, 8:36 PM   #12
Re: Winchester Rumor
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll just say I haven't seen the edge of your seat, hold your breath speedfest that eldroa used to be since about 2008.

Other than that, every aspect of the place has been improved.
The racing at last years four crown was pheonominal and on par with four crowns of old.

Not bashing, it's different. It used to be so fast and exciting to me that it was hard to miss a race there. Now I drive right by it to go to Montpelier or Waynesfield.

Four crown, well, it's the four crown.

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, billw, CB24, interpreter66, jim goerge, turn4
3/2/19, 9:08 PM   #13
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Hammer down racing isn't good racing anymore. And a place like Tri-state isn't really hammer down because of it being a paperclip. Elbows up, not hammer down.
Times change is correct.

Eldora was a skating rink in 2017 and I wasn't super impressed. 2018 seemed to be more balanced and had great races.

3/2/19, 10:51 PM   #14
sp6967

went from winchester thread to eldora thread pretty quick.

3/2/19, 11:41 PM   #15
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

It would be great to see open wheel racing return to Winchester. The usac Sprint/Midget double header Sunday afternoon shows were fabulous racing. Tony Stewart is rumored to buy everything, personally i think his plate is plenty full not sure owning this track is a real good idea.

3/2/19, 11:54 PM   #16
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
7horse,

Winchester can use a ton of improvements. Let's hope this rumor really is true.

Regarding Eldora:

Guess he has run Eldora into the ground. Right. Here, refresh your memory on some recent Eldora attendance records. Seems odd he's run it into the ground and the fans are staying away.

Eldora Speedway dirt track estimates crowd at 25,000

25,000 packed into Eldora Speedway to watch some dirt late model racing. The World 100 estimates come from track manager Roger Slack.
Related: 2017 World 100 Results – September 9th, 2017
On Saturday night, the crowd was estimated at 25,000. That’s the largest single-day attendance in the long history of Eldora Speedway.

2017 Kings Royal - Dayton Daily News article

More than 20,000 spectators packed Eldora to witness the Kings Royal. Attendance numbers are not released, but it was announced as the largest in event history. One of those spectators took home an equally impressive $32,380 for their share of the 50/50 pot.
No one cares about late models or winged sprints

2 members like this post: ISF, Rapid Rick
3/3/19, 1:32 AM   #17
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
You don't. I do. Late Models and Mods are my thing; but I still love watch wing / non-wing sprints & midgets as well. Put 4 wheels on dirt and I'll watch it.

Some how I don't see him buying Winchester. He already has a lot on his plate - Part owner of Stewart-Hass Racing, Owning Eldora Speedway, All-Star Circuit of Champions, and runs a World of Outlaws team with Donny Schatz

5 members like this post: cwfan08, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, mc/rider, PIT CART
3/3/19, 8:47 AM   #18
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Local rumor mill is that Tony Stewart was seen in the Court House because he may have purchased the Winchester Speedway! Any truth to this? I guess Kenny Shrader was there also?
Mr. Track prep, has people do these things. Like run a title search. Hell even a no-body like me hires a lawyer to do the court house work. I would almost buy, the ticket thing, appearing in court. Innocent people do not plea bargain.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/3/19, 9:34 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post

Speak for yourself, While not a overal wing sprint fan, The features are often good if they can go green.

I so miss the days where Burg ran both sprints and LM's

5 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jdull99, PIT CART
3/3/19, 10:53 AM   #20
jim goerge

Where does everybody think these car owners are going to come from? A lot of owners are doing good to support a series of just dirt now and won"t be able to have a special car for pavement. Let Tony play with his self, I better shut up or I might get ban
Last edited by jim goerge; 3/3/19 at 11:35 AM.

3 members like this post: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, RockinRy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester Rumor