IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
the1jet17 (Offline)
  #1 7/27/17 1:07 PM
Rumor has it they want to bring a 410 NW sprint car race on 9/23. Something along the lines of $1000 to win and $200 to start with less than 24 cars and $1200 to win with $225 to start with more than 25 cars.

Also heard there's no tire rule. Definitely helps the guys on American Racer Tires.

We put on some good racing the last few years there. I sure hope they continue! 15 minute drive for our team.

Maybe with a good turnout they can put five to ten shows together for us next year.

JJ
9 Likes: Chief29, Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, MEAT, oppweld, PIT CART, ROSCO, tirespinner
old timer (Offline)
  #2 7/27/17 1:36 PM
sounds good!!!!!
grantman (Offline)
  #3 7/27/17 2:21 PM
With Eldora and Lincoln Park racing won't be many show up at Twin Cities.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #4 7/27/17 2:38 PM
I'd say they can hold their own, there will be plenty of cars at TCRP. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: Nate, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 7/27/17 7:23 PM
Originally Posted by grantman:
With Eldora and Lincoln Park racing won't be many show up at Twin Cities.
They'll probably have more than either.
Teams run from the $$$ because the big teams show and take it.
They run from the four corner tire rule because they can afford a motor rebuild on what they can save on AR tires in a season.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: oppweld, sprinter14
grantman (Offline)
  #6 7/27/17 7:25 PM
I guess we will wait and see the numbers.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 7/27/17 7:27 PM
I agree with you Charles. Usually the less you pay the more cars you get. I don't think any will have a problem
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 7/27/17 7:37 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I agree with you Charles. Usually the less you pay the more cars you get. I don't think any will have a problem
I really didn't mean it as a insult to higher paying races or big teams. Just that the local weekend racer knows that going to one they aren't likely to crack the top ten. Others will because to become the best you have to race against the best.
It's been that way for a long time."

The four corner mandate isn't doing anything but making teams quit altogether or run at other tracks that don't.

Charles Nungester
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 7/27/17 8:20 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I really didn't mean it as a insult to higher paying races or big teams. Just that the local weekend racer knows that going to one they aren't likely to crack the top ten. Others will because to become the best you have to race against the best.
It's been that way for a long time."

The four corner mandate isn't doing anything but making teams quit altogether or run at other tracks that don't.
Didn't take it as an insult just a fact.
Nate (Offline)
  #10 7/27/17 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Didn't take it as an insult just a fact.
It really is, and an open tire rule is very attractive to plenty of teams out there.

Look no further than BOSS. They average far more cars at their shows when you compare them to USAC with less $ at their disposal.

But as long as the situation is worthwhile for the drivers, they'll show up.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22