IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #31 8/13/16 2:05 PM
Per USAC 11 mins ago

Sun is out and the Salem Speedway surface is dry. Hot laps begin at 3:30pm for the "Joe James/Pat O'Connor Memorial!"

Jen Kelley (she/her)
wildman92 (Offline)
  #32 8/13/16 2:06 PM
We are in Bedford and it is flat out pouring. Huge bolts of lightening. We might make it Salem but might not make it back!!!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
4 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil
racer-x (Offline)
  #33 8/13/16 2:15 PM
I remember pulling into Salem with a brand new motorhome in 2003 and it had been raining the previous day's. I got halfway up the grassy hill and buried it in the mud. The sun came out and i had to get pulled out the following afternoon.
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, kstudley57, wildman92
Chief29 (Offline)
  #34 8/13/16 2:17 PM
Hasn't even sprinkled here and I'm 1.5-2 miles away from the track
ronmil (Offline)
  #35 8/13/16 2:22 PM
We haven't had a drop on the far eastside of Evansville, but Haubstadt is rained out!

Ron Miller
Pavement Dave (Offline)
  #36 8/13/16 2:51 PM
Can someone post who is there and how many cars. I Won't be there until race time due to work.
wildman92 (Offline)
  #37 8/13/16 3:05 PM
We are here. Dry. I have very sketchy cell service so may not be able to post much if at all.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
3 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
wildman92 (Offline)
  #38 8/13/16 3:10 PM
I counted about 12 cars

Jen Kelley (she/her)
2 Likes: Dirtfan, jim goerge
ronmil (Offline)
  #39 8/13/16 3:10 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
We are here. Dry. I have very sketchy cell service so may not be able to post much if at all.
According to Accuweather it is raining there! Yes, you have to stand in a certain area and hold your tongue in the correct position to even make a phone call!!!!

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #40 8/13/16 3:13 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
We haven't had a drop on the far eastside of Evansville, but Haubstadt is rained out!
Have to change that statement; it is raining rather briskly at my home right now!

Ron Miller