IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Saturday
4/19/12, 11:54 AM   #21
Re: Eldora Saturday
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I used to love Eldora, but simply can't justify driving 300 miles to a dust bowl or a cancelled race. However, in an interview in the new NSSN magazine, Eldora's new GM Roger Slack had some interesting comments on the track. I hope the 50 tons of composted leaves they added help it. They are also looking for "new and better clay" to add either in August or after the end of the season. You have to give him credit for trying.

It seems that the Mr. Slack is trying to address the concerns many of us have had the last few years. I really wish him success so I can return. I look forward to the comments of all the IOWers who attend this weekend. Hope you see a great race on a great track!

4/19/12, 11:54 AM   #22
Koonzee

Can't believe I'am saying this, but I'am kinda looking forward to the Big E.Heard some good things about Roger Slack's ability to turn a track's surface problems around.If not,there's always the bar.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing
4/19/12, 1:03 PM   #23
duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamati View Post
dont forget my tickets!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

dont forget my tickets and firewood!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

dont forget my tickets and some firewood!
I have ONE ticket for ya when I see the money! or will trade for firewood and food.

4/19/12, 7:41 PM   #24
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
We'll be there if Ma Nature cooperates.
Partly sunny and 56 degrees.I think she's want to race.

1 member likes this post: flatout18
4/19/12, 9:49 PM   #25
RacingGirl10

If you see my husband (Jerry Coons) there, wish him a happy 40th birthday!!!!

Hoping for a birthday win!

Posted via Mobile Device

4/20/12, 2:04 PM   #26
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10 View Post
If you see my husband (Jerry Coons) there, wish him a happy 40th birthday!!!!

Hoping for a birthday win!

Posted via Mobile Device
Amy, you need a new picture cuz I believe your missing a family member! LOL. Happy Birthday Jerry!

4/20/12, 2:38 PM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Me and a friend leaving from Iowa at 8am tomorrow in hopes of less dust but not confident until all new dirt is brought in. Been skipping this place for 3 years but wanted to give new mgmt. a try. Then on to the Action Track.

4/20/12, 2:39 PM   #28
illinisprintfan

Never been there, hoping to go tomorrow if everything works out. I have a question. I'm not sure how many people might be coming with me, so bringing chairs for the grass is out. How are grandstands? Do they fill up pretty quick? Also where would you recommend sitting?
Last edited by illinisprintfan; 4/20/12 at 2:43 PM.

4/20/12, 3:44 PM   #29
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Never been there, hoping to go tomorrow if everything works out. I have a question. I'm not sure how many people might be coming with me, so bringing chairs for the grass is out. How are grandstands? Do they fill up pretty quick? Also where would you recommend sitting?
Joe we always sit in section E right at the end of the roof so that the roof is over us but we are in the front. (just to the right of the flagstand) You should have no problem getting a good seat, have fun and be careful. Just make sure you take some warm cloths no matter what the weather is like when you leave because it is supposed to be real cold, also setting under the roof will keep some of the wind off you.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 4/20/12 at 3:57 PM.

4/20/12, 3:44 PM   #30
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
The 3rd/4th turn grandstands will have plenty of empty seats along with the 1st turn stands at no extra charge. Reserved seats in the main stands cost extra. Sit with the wind to your back in case of heavy dust. It can get dusty there like no where else you have ever been. Lets hope that they have solved that issue.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Saturday