IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier 100 updates
5/25/18, 3:40 PM   #11
badcoupe

Was standing there at the horse barn when Tyler hit the wall, it was a pretty good whack. Not sure what broke, they said something about a piece of brake rotor from another car not sure what that could’ve contacted. He was flying though

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/25/18, 4:04 PM   #12
Re: Hoosier 100 updates
hoosier race fan

That looked like a pretty mean crash from where I was sitting on the turn 1 end of the grandstand. Brian was fun to watch and made the race entertaining moving from 5th to the lead. The rest of the race was a bit of a stinker. Not because of the way the show was run or anything like that, just that it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Swanson was going to win. Sometimes a driver/car/crew combo is just so strong that it is hard for anyone else to compete. It reminds me of the Stanbrough/Fox 53 sprint car several years ago. There was good racing, but the outcome was rarely in doubt. Tyler made sure they knew he was there last night though.

The race itself wasn’t much of a show, but man, there are some absolutely beautiful silver crown cars.
Last edited by hoosier race fan; 5/25/18 at 4:06 PM.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner
5/25/18, 4:32 PM   #13
Re: Hoosier 100 updates
miledirt

I thought that it was an above average Silver Crown race. Yes Kody won again, but Tyler was very impressive. We don't know if Swanson could have regained the lead. No really ever pulled away... top 4,5 were all fairly close. Pretty cool to see so many strong teams and cars back in the series.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, jdull99
5/25/18, 6:04 PM   #14
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
I listened on USAC app while watching race monitor. It was almost like being there. Almost.
I've been using the USAC app for sometime now and the audio is great and at the same time you can watch the scoreboard.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier 100 updates