IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Engines
5/24/18, 5:29 PM   #1
Midget Engines
Popracer

Hello,

I’m currently looking to purchase an engine. Unfortunately I don’t gave the budget at this time to purchase an SR-11 or Toyota.

Some of the engine platforms I’m looking at are Mopar W9, Fontana Spec 6 or 7, Esslinger, and All Pro Gaerte.

Could you please give me your thoughts on what would be the best all around platform. I understand that I may not have the engine to win every night, but should would like to have a shot if the right conditions exist.

Thank you in advance.

5/24/18, 5:48 PM   #2
ernart3

We ran Fontana’s and have just recently switched to a sr11. Loved our Fontana’s have low end torque and don’t need to twist them. Have a spec 7 for sale with everything to put in a car if interested. Was Andrew Felkers motor that won many powri races. Never been a fan of the esslingers. Really only getting rid of our Fontana because everything is different than our sr11 so don’t like keeping spares for both. Good luck in whatever you decide on getting.

5/25/18, 7:29 AM   #3
Popracer

Thank you earnart.

With the Fontana are parts still available? The few engine builders I spoke with advised parts are becoming hard to come by.

On a positive note they all did say they perform well. It also appears the engine builders don’t like to give horsepower or tourqe numbers. I can respect that. Just makes it tough when trying to purchase an engine program.

Also, I did receive your private message. I have not made any contact to any one who sent messages at this time. Just trying to gather as much information before I start reaching out.

5/25/18, 7:15 PM   #4
ernart3

Aj felker bought all of Fontana’s stock last I talked to him he had heads and blocks and most of the other parts are available.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Engines