IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > speaking of bucket list's
5/22/18, 4:06 AM   #11
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I went to Speedy Bill's last week, self guided tour. Open 930- 430.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, WinglessLovers
5/22/18, 7:07 AM   #12
Re: speaking of bucket list's
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
I went to Speedy Bill's last week, self guided tour. Open 930- 430.
Location please?

5/22/18, 7:44 AM   #13
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Location please?
Lincoln, Nebraska

5/22/18, 9:14 AM   #14
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Location please?
I will heartily second the suggestion of taking in Speedy Bill's museum in Lincoln, NE. We drove up to Lincoln from Belleville during the Nationals weekend last year and it was spectacular!!

5 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Kansasdirtfan, mc/rider, oppweld
5/22/18, 1:59 PM   #15
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I've not been to Eldora and the 4 Crowns are on the list for me there. But the highest on my list is seeing the Dirt Champ cars on a dirt mile. I'd take them any track I'm not picky.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, ISF, jim goerge, oppweld
5/22/18, 4:26 PM   #16
Kydehart

I have a bucket list, certainly. I just recently started traveling farther distances to shows having stayed relatively local after rediscovering my passion for open wheel dirt racing. I'd like to go to Knoxville Nationals some time, I've actually been to the museum but not a race. Chili bowl is on there. I'd like to maybe do turkey night sometime. Ventura being right on the beach is pretty awesome. The Vermeil would be cool too. 'Stoga looks like a neat track. Oval Nationals is on there. And Eastern Storm to check out the PA tracks. I want to see racing at least at one new track per year if I can make it happen. Have already done it this year being fortunate enough to go to Volusia in February. We'll see what else this year holds.

5/22/18, 6:03 PM   #17
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
I've checked off every event from my "must do" list that is still in existence. However, I would like to experience the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Ventura. Bob, are ya' listening? LOL! We were fortunate enough to have attended the Oval Nationals twice and Turkey Night the first year it was back on the dirt at Perris (2012) following it's years on the pavement at Irwindale. That first TNGP at Perris (well, actually it was the 2nd but the first in this century) was everything we ever hoped for right down to Kyle Larson winning his first TNGP.

All that having been said, I pine for events that are no longer in existence. I was without sufficient disposable income to have attended an event at Ascot Park while it was still in operation, which I deeply regret. And periodically I'm saddened that I wasn't born early enough to have seen an event at Langhorne, especially while it was dirt. I also dearly wanted to attend Super Dirt Week at Syracuse but given the time of year SDW was always scheduled career obligations always got in the way of seeing that show.

For the most part I have been hugely fortunate to have experienced the events that I have. One being the Belleville Midget Nationals. I almost waited too long to make the trip west for that. I have my friend Kansas Bob to thank for that happening. His assistance was immeasurable with that initial endeavor. I think I'll miss the late July/early August trip west the most of all the events that are now gone. Not that the racing wasn't the main attraction, but the friendships, comradery and fellowship of friends we've made as a result of our few trips out to Belleville. Not to mention the fun of looking around and experiencing the North Central Kansas Free Fair during the day. I'm really going to miss all of that.
I'm listening. May be a topic for discussion tomorrow at Terre Haute or Thursday at the fairgrounds. See you tomorrow, buddy.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
5/22/18, 8:27 PM   #18
JordanBlanton

Weekly tracks:
Knoxville
Williams Grove
Lincoln
Attica
Fremont

Big races:
Oval Nationals
Chili Bowl
3-Hour Figure 8@ Speedrome (probably not high on most lists, but Outlaw Figure 8 is nasty fun)

Not really track/race specific, but I want to see big block mods and pavement super Modifieds; the cars intrigue me.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Kydehart
5/22/18, 10:56 PM   #19
cornerthree

Taking 2 off my list this week. Silver crown on a dirt mile, and Little 500. Also I will get another new track Bloomington. Being from Green Bay WI. it's not a short drive to some of my bucket list. My biggest regret is being to young and to broke to get to Ascot.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld
5/23/18, 12:09 AM   #20
flagboy55

Now I'm old and broke!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cornerthree, etripp, jim goerge, Kydehart
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > speaking of bucket list's