IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500, Who's going?
5/22/18, 2:16 AM   #31
Re: Little 500, Who's going?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You should be on the phone tuesday with the track, They have all kinds of info online about the event but I'd say purchase tues or weds before qualifying and fridays events, I don't know that there is a bad seat but they will sell out.

I don't know if there is a bad seat as far as being able to see it

5/22/18, 2:21 AM   #32
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
It is quite amusing to hear many individuals say how they don’t really like pavement when referring to Little 500.I find it strange that so many people think that dirt is the only possible surface for any race car to run on.😸 Any of the best drivers have done both equally well.Look at your history books.I mean while I respect Donny Schatz and believe him to be the best winged sprint car driver in Country,you would hardly call him an all around talent.Really,what I want to know is why you don’t like pavement.Get into your head,if if you will.Any reasons will be appreciated.Is it a society thing.I mean the biggest race in the World is on pavement and it is next Sunday.I like dirt and pavement equally well,so to me it is a non starter.Please offer reasons.I am intrigued.
Well I started going to dirt track "jalopy" races in Virginia in the early 1960s, they were great. Moved up North in 1966, went to 2 pavement races & lost all interest. Seems like cars have more leeway to maneuver on dirt, getting sideways, etc. On pavement it seems like they're either on or off the track, nothing in between. But BrentTfunk has convinced me to give the Lil 500 a shot.... he hasn't steered me wrong yet....

5/22/18, 1:31 PM   #33
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
You should be on the phone tuesday with the track, They have all kinds of info online about the event but I'd say purchase tues or weds before qualifying and fridays events, I don't know that there is a bad seat but they will sell out.

I don't know if there is a bad seat as far as being able to see it
Well I got lucky and my wife just bought us some tickets today! She’s a keeper

5/22/18, 1:35 PM   #34
Stealth87

Bringing a buddy of mine down to Indy for his first Indy 500. He's on the fence for going to the Little 500. Everyone please help me convince him to come! Otherwise I'm driving down to Anderson all by myself. I'll never miss the Little 5 as long as I'm in town for the big race Sunday.

5/22/18, 1:46 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
Bringing a buddy of mine down to Indy for his first Indy 500. He's on the fence for going to the Little 500. Everyone please help me convince him to come! Otherwise I'm driving down to Anderson all by myself. I'll never miss the Little 5 as long as I'm in town for the big race Sunday.

Better have tickets in advance.

5/22/18, 2:20 PM   #36
hoosierboy3

I think your buddy would be more disappointed in the big race versus the little 500, my personal opinion. This will be my girlfriends first Little 500 this year and this week can’t be over with quick enough. Can’t wait! If you guys are in town Friday, come check out the race that evening for the guys that didn’t qualify, as kind of a sample for your buddy and see what he thinks. I think that was a great idea to do a feature Friday. I think it would be even better if it was for a spot in the little 500

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, tirespinner
5/22/18, 11:00 PM   #37
cornerthree

4 cheeseheads from Green Bay WI. Being from Green Bay I have to ask will IOW be having a tailgate?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, tirespinner
5/23/18, 6:12 AM   #38
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
4 cheeseheads from Green Bay WI. Being from Green Bay I have to ask will IOW be having a tailgate?
Some of the best tailgating of the year. Nice break between the short practice and the race.

3 members like this post: Augie, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
5/23/18, 6:33 AM   #39
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
One of you 4 cheeseheads should bring some spotted cow, that beer is delicious! Sucks it’s only available in Wisconsin

2 members like this post: cornerthree, tirespinner
5/23/18, 9:41 AM   #40
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
One of you 4 cheeseheads should bring some spotted cow, that beer is delicious! Sucks it’s only available in Wisconsin
I'm heading down from Wisconsin as well. I can bring some! The actual brewery is only about 25 miles from me

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cornerthree, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500, Who's going?