IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprintweek
6/20/18, 4:59 PM   #11
david mitchell
Banned

I like backinitin for his style and honesty.I like Gyatk 94 for his well thought out piece.I like both,with a caveat,good winged racing on big tracks is rare.Almost always they are good on short tracks.Traditional sprint cars are usually good on both.Not non wing,not such a car.😆

2 members like this post: Al Pierce, flagboy55
6/20/18, 5:13 PM   #12
Re: Ohio Sprintweek
BrentTFunk

Funny you mentioned Ohio Speedweek, as I was going to post something after I got off work. I am off work now, so here we go.
One thing that I think helps Ohio is the tracks all promote every show and are dark when others run. Attica which arguably has the strongest weekly show of any track in the country, even promotes the other races on social media. Indiana SprintWeek was like that when it started, and that is a big part of what it is today. Wish it would get back that way.
I thought it was neat that Wayne County ran sprints only. 1 Support class per track should be plenty.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 6/20/18 at 5:30 PM.

7 members like this post: Bobv, fish, flagboy55, jim goerge, motorhead748, PIT CART, smith19
6/20/18, 5:41 PM   #13
revjimk

Not much on Hoseheads either, except some bragging about how good it is, then some whining about track prep...
To get results, go straight to Allstars web page
I like both, prefer "traditional" (AKA wingless) especially on a bullring. Big track/ winged, bullring/wingless
I would definitely like to do Ohio SW some day! Last year Allstar race at Attica, early summer, was one of the season highlights for me

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/20/18, 5:43 PM   #14
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Most of us try not to. To a true wingless fan ( fan being short for fanatic) we could care less about winged racing.
Just speaking for myself a true nonwing fanatic. A nonwinged car and a winged car are two completely different beasts.
Now for who ever is ready to jump in with "a true race fan likes all racing" my middle finger is raised.
I've gathered that you're from the east.....How many of the usac eastern storm events did you attend?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PJ Wright
6/20/18, 5:44 PM   #15
david mitchell
Banned

Brent Funk speaks the truth.He is wise Sage.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/20/18, 5:46 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Funny you mentioned Ohio Speedweek, as I was going to post something after I got off work. I am off work now, so here we go.
One thing that I think helps Ohio is the tracks all promote every show and are dark when others run. Attica which arguably has the strongest weekly show of any track in the country, even promotes the other races on social media. Indiana SprintWeek was like that when it started, and that is a big part of what it is today. Wish it would get back that way.
I thought it was neat that Wayne County ran sprints only. 1 Support class per track should be plenty.
Support classes: I went to 2 Eastern Storm shows Port Royal & BAPS (Susky) Port had 410 wingers for support class (Hodnett won) BAPS had 360 wingers (Hodnett again) & USAC East midgets (formerly ARDC) Alex Bright won that
Not a bad deal at all! No taxicabs

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
6/20/18, 6:34 PM   #17
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

I was going to start it, but didn't want to get bombed. Tony Stewart saved this group a few years ago and it's never been better. The names and talent is incredible right now. Oh, and I'm going to cave in and say it. Eldora has never been better either. Watch the video from Saturday night and we'll argue later.

Rich M

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fishnman, PIT CART, PJ Wright
6/20/18, 6:38 PM   #18
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Most of us try not to. To a true wingless fan ( fan being short for fanatic) we could care less about winged racing.
Just speaking for myself a true nonwing fanatic. A nonwinged car and a winged car are two completely different beasts.
Now for who ever is ready to jump in with "a true race fan likes all racing" my middle finger is raised.
“Right back atcha .....”

6/20/18, 6:47 PM   #19
dsc1600

Twitter has replaced the message boards for the most part these days, most of the opinions good or bad are being made on there.

All Stars (with the exception of Speedweeks) were a joke for years and even after Stewart took them over they had a lousy list of followers. But this year has been fantastic. Macedo, Reutzel, McMahan, Blaney, Hays have really added a lot to the program.

6/20/18, 7:30 PM   #20
captrat

Let's not turn this group into that other group where insult is considered a valid way to make a point.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprintweek