IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprintweek
6/20/18, 12:09 PM   #1
Ohio Sprintweek
david mitchell
Banned

Kyle Larson,Tony Stewart,Kasey Kahne,Christopher Bell,Dave Blaney,Spencer Bayston,etc.All involved in wonderful racing over the past five nights in Ohio Sprintweek.One of the biggest events of the season.Nary a word on this forum about it.Last night was incredible with Larson and Bell.Do we not speak of winged racing on this forum.

6/20/18, 12:27 PM   #2
Re: Ohio Sprintweek
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1 member likes this post: sprintcarjim
6/20/18, 1:19 PM   #3
double checkered

You're speaking of it now..... I don't think your post will get deleted because it's Ohio and not Indiana or winged instead of traditional sprints. But to answer your question, there are less topics on winged sprints regardless of who, or where. Ohio All-star Sprint week is a good week for those that follow them and there are usually wonderful races all week with some "suprise guests"

Jeremy

6/20/18, 1:47 PM   #4
MIracing

Interesting that in the top 8 last night 5 of them were products of Keith Kunz Motorsports. Bell 1st, Larson 2nd, Rico 4th, Bayston and Macedo 7-8.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
6/20/18, 2:06 PM   #5
Re: Ohio Sprintweek
Backitin

Most of us try not to. To a true wingless fan ( fan being short for fanatic) we could care less about winged racing.
Just speaking for myself a true nonwing fanatic. A nonwinged car and a winged car are two completely different beasts.
Now for who ever is ready to jump in with "a true race fan likes all racing" my middle finger is raised.

2 members like this post: duel, Gregg
6/20/18, 2:27 PM   #6
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Kyle Larson,Tony Stewart,Kasey Kahne,Christopher Bell,Dave Blaney,Spencer Bayston,etc.All involved in wonderful racing over the past five nights in Ohio Sprintweek.One of the biggest events of the season.Nary a word on this forum about it.Last night was incredible with Larson and Bell.Do we not speak of winged racing on this forum.
God bless America and this site that bill Gardner created for all of the great racing fans and racing teams. Thanks to mrs g and the family for keeping the best website to all of the racing family's. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

6/20/18, 3:16 PM   #7
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
God bless America and this site that bill Gardner created for all of the great racing fans and racing teams. Thanks to mrs g and the family for keeping the best website to all of the racing family's. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.
😉I’ve been doing a lot of deep sighing and head shaking today. Thank you for putting things back into perspective, Richard!

6/20/18, 3:36 PM   #8
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I looked on Ohioopenwheel and found nothing. Hmm
Last edited by mc/rider; 6/20/18 at 3:41 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
6/20/18, 4:10 PM   #9
Big Game Hunter
Rookie Member

I'm with you on this Dave. I like watching the All Stars. Tony Stewart and others that help run that series have done a great job

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Clydesdale, fishnman, flagboy55, PIT CART
6/20/18, 4:31 PM   #10
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Most of us try not to. To a true wingless fan ( fan being short for fanatic) we could care less about winged racing.
Just speaking for myself a true nonwing fanatic. A nonwinged car and a winged car are two completely different beasts.
Now for who ever is ready to jump in with "a true race fan likes all racing" my middle finger is raised.
I won't try the "a true race fan likes all racing" because I agree it's a little silly. However, saying to be a true non wing fan you must disregard all winged racing is absolutist nonsense.

To say I, and others, can't be "true" fans of non wing racing with all the shows I've attended, shirts I've purchased, results I've checked when I couldn't be there just because I also do the same for wings is purist snobbery.

I like non wings more, but I like both forms quite a bit and will continue to support both as a true fan.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprintweek