Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aluminum v6 midget
4/6/18, 8:25 AM   #61
Re: Aluminum v6 midget
dirt40

[quote=Wayne Davis;491594]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAY3 View Post

Hey Mr. Ray....I say mister out of respect cause I think you are my elder not out of being suficious...(misspelled)...The GDN has always had a few different rules allowing the things that all do and dry sump is one. Up until this year we allowed in-cockpit adjustments but they have never been allowed in the series...as far as the regular season, it has always been my belief there is no room in the series SSMS to spend that kind of $$$ $15,000 to race competitively and you do not have to have a dry sump to do it.

Tech, we use several tools like bore and scope to check pistons/bore and stroke. We pull headers back to look for porting...we have the air cleaner removed for intake port inspection...we have a spark plug removed for piston inspection for flat top only pistons and valve and compression chamber inspection. We check charging systems along with clutch and all gears in MC engines. We check for rotating Ti including drive shaft. This is done before each race...After we have pulled cam covers to look at cams...must be oem and have oem markings there is not a lift or duration spec so I do not tech that...we check tires ..even have sent samples to lab..
If I suspect I will pull an engine completely down to check stock equivalent pistons...if the piston protrudes outside the block and crankshaft lightning ... I do not think anyone else techs as much as we do but I am a believer of it...If you do not tech then why have rules? I do not mind DQ'ing racers that break the rules hence the winner at Fri nights GDN got DQ'ed.

Thanks for the questions Mr. Ray and I hope I answered them for you and hope you enjoy Easter with your family
Hi Wayne, what car in what class got DQ'd? I know we won the D2 friday night show and don't want anyone thinking it was us. By the way, loved running with you guys. Wish you were closer.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aluminum v6 midget