IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night #1 "Gold Crown"
10/9/16, 1:10 AM   #51
Re: Night #1 "Gold Crown"
jim goerge

Someone said something about having midgets and non wing sprints here at the Gold Crown well they tried that before and wind up with like 14 16 non wing cars, Would I want more midgets here Hell Yeah but just don"t hold your breath, This place is a horsepower track and those KKM cars have the power. Have I had a great time here all three nights OH HELL YEAH

10/9/16, 12:15 PM   #52
SpfldMile

I went Friday and Saturday, and the racing was great. Thank you Kevin and Tammy for putting it on. Of course it would be nice if there were 45 cars there again, but the ones that were there put on a great show. I'm happy Bacon got that win after a weekend of terrible luck.

10/9/16, 3:31 PM   #53
KG71

There was a local Texas kid we run against that was there in a Daum car so we were watching this one.

Maybe a few more cars will come next time but glad it was a good show regardless. That's what matters most.

10/9/16, 5:47 PM   #54
ernart3

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
So Kokomo, Putnamville, Bloomington, Montpelier, Gas City, Riverside/West Memphis, Jefferson County, Solomon, Path Valley, Tri-City, Wayne County, and Ventura are now considered big tracks?

One night at Lawrenceburg, two nights at Belleville KS, and two tracks on the the PA swing are large I will give you that.

You will think about parking your car because a fan has a different opinion about a series than you? ....... ..Priceless!!!!

I don't need 50 cars and sit through two Hooligan races to see a good show. I saw a good show last night with 25 cars.

If you want to support Powri go for it but don't berate me because I prefer USAC. I like and support what Levi is doing for the series, I can't say I have the same opinion about Powri.
See I'd rather you be a fan of the racers than a certain series. I'm busting my ass spending a lot of money and supporting both series because if one goes away it's not good for anyone. Usac races bigger tracks powri does not. Eldora, granite, Lawrenceburg, Paris, Belleville, and PA swing. Usac also runs a schedule that only gets 10 guys following. I like both series because I like midget racing. We ran 7th last night at granite to Keith's cars and bacon not too bad for a "so called national midget" huh? Not going to a midget race because of the sanctioning body is dumb. You're missing out because little Belleville and Jacksonville and Macon are great midget tracks.

10/10/16, 7:23 AM   #55
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Firstly, I was glad to hear that the injured fan was treated and released, didn't hear anything about Corey Bruns , very hard crash, hope he is OK as well.
Three good nights of Midget Racing, good crowds & over at a decent hour with the exception of Sat night which couldn't be helped.
Many Thanks to the Gundakers for having this event, one of our favorites of the racing season. Seeing the young racers was cool. We were told that one of the young fellows was asked which driver he wanted to stand beside and he said the Trophy Girl.
Again Thanks to Tammy & Kevin, looking forward to next year, hopefully it's on the schedule.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/10/16, 7:32 AM   #56
miledirt

Kevin and Tammy are fantastic track operators and promoters. Great track, ran the shows in a timely manner, I don't know what more they could do. Great event, hopefully they bring it back again.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, tirespinner
10/10/16, 9:15 AM   #57
BrentTFunk

We had a great time as we always do at the Gold Crown. One of the events I look forward to all year. Thanks to everyone involved.

10/10/16, 10:11 AM   #58
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernart3 View Post
See I'd rather you be a fan of the racers than a certain series. I'm busting my ass spending a lot of money and supporting both series because if one goes away it's not good for anyone. Usac races bigger tracks powri does not. Eldora, granite, Lawrenceburg, Paris, Belleville, and PA swing. Usac also runs a schedule that only gets 10 guys following. I like both series because I like midget racing. We ran 7th last night at granite to Keith's cars and bacon not too bad for a "so called national midget" huh? Not going to a midget race because of the sanctioning body is dumb. You're missing out because little Belleville and Jacksonville and Macon are great midget tracks.
So now I'm dumb as you just called me. When you run out of facts it's always easy to just use the personal attack card. Care to compare degrees?

I owned and drove sprints/midgets for many years so this "fan" as you like to call me understands how both sides work. I know Belleville, Jacksonville, and Macon are great tracks I've been going to them for many many years. I've even ran wing sprint cars at Belleville when they used to host them in the 90s.

As Brent said this is more about the promoter/owner than it is about series vs series. I choose not to support the owner of Powri. That's my choice and I'm not "dumb" because of it. Ever wonder why Powri doesn't have winter races at DuQuoin anymore? I happen to know the real reason and it would most likely surprise a lot of people if they knew the answer.

Also a big thank you to Kevin, Tammy, the staff and USAC for all of the hard work to make this event happen. Kevin was even up on top of the backhoe bucket trying to fix the top of the fence that Brady tore down.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, Ray3, tirespinner
10/10/16, 2:50 PM   #59
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Firstly, I was glad to hear that the injured fan was treated and released, didn't hear anything about Corey Bruns , very hard crash, hope he is OK as well.
Three good nights of Midget Racing, good crowds & over at a decent hour with the exception of Sat night which couldn't be helped.
Many Thanks to the Gundakers for having this event, one of our favorites of the racing season. Seeing the young racers was cool. We were told that one of the young fellows was asked which driver he wanted to stand beside and he said the Trophy Girl.
Again Thanks to Tammy & Kevin, looking forward to next year, hopefully it's on the schedule.
Was the fan injured as a result of an on track incident?

10/10/16, 5:55 PM   #60
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Yes.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night #1 "Gold Crown"