IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night #1 "Gold Crown"
10/7/16, 12:00 PM   #31
Re: Night #1 "Gold Crown"
ossuks

Maybe I missed something but there are no midget races scheduled by competing groups this weekend? There were close to 50 last week at Powri race....there are plenty of midgets in the mid-west?

Maybe try this event as a Powri race next year? Who is there that would not be if it were not a USAC race....Who would be there if it were a Powri race?
Last edited by ossuks; 10/7/16 at 12:03 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
10/7/16, 1:14 PM   #32
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Maybe I missed something but there are no midget races scheduled by competing groups this weekend? There were close to 50 last week at Powri race....there are plenty of midgets in the mid-west?

Maybe try this event as a Powri race next year? Who is there that would not be if it were not a USAC race....Who would be there if it were a Powri race?
Most likely not to be there

Brady Bacon
Dave Darland
Jerry Coons, Jr
Tanner Thorson
Carson Macedo
Chad Boat
Spencer Bayston
Holly Shelton
Ryan Robinson
Steve Buckwalter
Davey Ray
Alex Bright
Ryan Greth

And also about 3/4 of the out of town fans that came last night would not travel to a Powri show.

I know I live 40 minutes west of the track and neither me or my family would be there if it's a Powri show.

As much as Powri wants to put USAC midgets out of business the fan support is just not there to do it.

10/7/16, 1:28 PM   #33
ossuks

Some of those names are in the top 10 in POWRI National points?

5 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, PIT CART, Simon_says17, tirespinner
10/7/16, 1:41 PM   #34
ernart3

Kkm cars have run almost every powri race this year. What do you have against powri? I'm trying to run my team at as many races as I can and makes me think twice about it when I hear fans like you. If you want to support midgets support midgets doesn't matter if it's usac or powri. Usac runs big tracks powri runs small tracks. I've seen great races in both series this year.

10/7/16, 4:55 PM   #35
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernart3 View Post
Kkm cars have run almost every powri race this year. What do you have against powri? I'm trying to run my team at as many races as I can and makes me think twice about it when I hear fans like you. If you want to support midgets support midgets doesn't matter if it's usac or powri. Usac runs big tracks powri runs small tracks. I've seen great races in both series this year.
So Kokomo, Putnamville, Bloomington, Montpelier, Gas City, Riverside/West Memphis, Jefferson County, Solomon, Path Valley, Tri-City, Wayne County, and Ventura are now considered big tracks?

One night at Lawrenceburg, two nights at Belleville KS, and two tracks on the the PA swing are large I will give you that.

You will think about parking your car because a fan has a different opinion about a series than you? ....... ..Priceless!!!!

I don't need 50 cars and sit through two Hooligan races to see a good show. I saw a good show last night with 25 cars.

If you want to support Powri go for it but don't berate me because I prefer USAC. I like and support what Levi is doing for the series, I can't say I have the same opinion about Powri.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/7/16, 5:06 PM   #36
PJ Wright

I like USAC and Powri. Does that make me bi-sanctual?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

10/7/16, 5:14 PM   #37
PIT CART

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
No it makes you a race fan!! We need more people like you.

10/7/16, 6:06 PM   #38
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I literally just laughed out loud.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge
10/7/16, 7:40 PM   #39
KG71

To me it just seems like a really low car count for the pay they are offering.

Something else going on?

I do know PowerI west is running down here in the Dallas area this weekend. Tomorrow only.

10/7/16, 10:24 PM   #40
Jonr

The POWRi and USAC relationship is a sore spot with me. I have seen them work together and I have seen them piss in each others boots. I would thing that both of them would honor the other sanction's "premiere events" I believe that the first couple of Gold Crown were co-sanctioned. I also believe the co-sanctioned races had 45+ cars. I also remember the last two summers reading a thread on how POWRi was having problems with car counts at particular shows in their own back yard.

I have yet to figure out what POWRi promoters and drivers want. Some of the time they are a national series that is going to give USAC a run for its money. Other times it is a regional series where no one wants to race on the big tracks because it may hurt their motors. Or they won't compete because they cannot keep up with the Toyotas.

It would seem that this is the last "premiere midget event" of the year (outside of California) It is within the shadows of the Arch. It would me a home race for most of the competitors, but most of them are not there.

It leaves me frustrated.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night #1 "Gold Crown"