IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR and Flags
6/13/20, 1:51 AM   #1
NASCAR and Flags
flagboy55

Some of you I’m sure know by now that NASCAR has banned the Confederate Flag from all of their properties. I’ve seen a lot of of support as well as a lot of criticism. Do any of my fellow IOW’s have an opinion on the topic?

6/13/20, 3:07 PM   #2
Re: NASCAR and Flags
jim goerge

I feel that if you have to fly a flag , fly old glory. There is no prettier flag fly ever. Being a vet nothing will ever change my views
Last edited by jim goerge; 6/13/20 at 6:28 PM.

6/13/20, 3:13 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The only flags I go to see at a race track are the green, white, and checkered. Hopefully few yellows and no reds. Of course, I salute Old Glory. That's the only other flag I care to see.

6/13/20, 6:43 PM   #4
Bad Dad 54

Some believe it's racist to fly that rebel flag, to me stands for southern pride, just like people fly other flags besides Old Glory we have drivers POW, college NFL etc etc. NAPCAR has banned a flag flown for yrs by people who have probably spent a lot of money, now they're mad Wonder how much longer before that no fans in the stands becomes a reality Morgan Shepard was told to remove God from his race car, but now the *** is ok to put on a race car I've been to NAPCAR races, boring hi priced, cars go behind a wall in front of you then 4hrs to get out of a parking lot? Not anymore, gimmie a shirt track non wing sprint car race anyday
By the way that rebel flag is not the flag of the confederacy, it's the battle flag of SC

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR and Flags