IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!
7/28/23, 2:09 AM   #21
The55

The track was not too wet.

7/28/23, 10:56 AM   #22
Dirt Trackker

Agree, track was fine. Drivers struggled to adjust. Maybe they didn’t like having to wheel pack? How many flips? I honestly lost track.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, tirespinner
7/28/23, 11:24 AM   #23
The55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Trackker View Post
Agree, track was fine. Drivers struggled to adjust. Maybe they didn’t like having to wheel pack? How many flips? I honestly lost track.
Some of the accidents were due to contact with another car and had nothing to do with the track being too wet.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirt Trackker, luckybuc97, tirespinner
7/28/23, 11:28 AM   #24
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The55 View Post
Some of the accidents were due to contact with another car and had nothing to do with the track being too wet.
With larger car counts, drivers have a tendency to drive over their heads to reach transfer spots.

7/28/23, 12:09 PM   #25
azsprintfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanindy View Post
Just curious. Why was there a caution period during each hot lap session?
It is my understanding that the cautions during hot laps is to repack the track instead of continuing under green and constantly throwing marbles up the track. Makes sense to me. The outlaws have been doing that for awhile and I think it is catching on elsewhere.

I thought the heavy track was nice. We always had heavy tracks here especially Manzanita in the spring and fall. Cars would come in from wheel packing and be so covered you could hardly tell who it was! haha

If you want a new appreciation of track prep watch the piece Chet did on Flo called 'Dirt 101' I thought it was interesting.

Anyways I am super jealous of you guys having so many tracks and racing all summer. We ain't got nothin' here in Az anymore. Sad. #imissmanzy

7/28/23, 12:23 PM   #26
The55

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsprintfan1 View Post
It is my understanding that the cautions during hot laps is to repack the track instead of continuing under green and constantly throwing marbles up the track. Makes sense to me. The outlaws have been doing that for awhile and I think it is catching on elsewhere.

I thought the heavy track was nice. We always had heavy tracks here especially Manzanita in the spring and fall. Cars would come in from wheel packing and be so covered you could hardly tell who it was! haha

If you want a new appreciation of track prep watch the piece Chet did on Flo called 'Dirt 101' I thought it was interesting.

Anyways I am super jealous of you guys having so many tracks and racing all summer. We ain't got nothin' here in Az anymore. Sad. #imissmanzy
The upside to not having much going on is that you can’t nitpick every little thing that isn’t perfect. Since we have so much racing it provides plenty of opportunity for critiques.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, tirespinner
7/28/23, 12:31 PM   #27
azsprintfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The55 View Post
The upside to not having much going on is that you can’t nitpick every little thing that isn’t perfect. Since we have so much racing it provides plenty of opportunity for critiques.
True I suppose but we used to complain about the crappy bathrooms at Manzy and the fact that Canyons lights ran half on generators and they only had port a potties and now look.. nothin'. Count your blessings is my point. Although most of the midwest tracks are safe because of location or community involvement. Have fun at Bloomington tonight! I'll be tuned in on Flo with a cold beer or 6.

7/28/23, 2:17 PM   #28
Daisy's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsprintfan1 View Post
True I suppose but we used to complain about the crappy bathrooms at Manzy and the fact that Canyons lights ran half on generators and they only had port a potties and now look.. nothin'. Count your blessings is my point. Although most of the midwest tracks are safe because of location or community involvement. Have fun at Bloomington tonight! I'll be tuned in on Flo with a cold beer or 6.
Azsprintfan, I wasn't aware that Canyon Raceway Park had shut down. I haven't been there since they stopped running sprints a few years back. I can't bring myself to drive to the track in Casa Grande to watch two 7-car heats and a feature for sprints, and sit through multiple other classes, but will likely take in the Western World there in the fall on the way home from the USAC sprint finale in Meeker, OK.

3 members like this post: azsprintfan1, tirespinner, TNRustler
7/28/23, 4:34 PM   #29
azsprintfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad View Post
Azsprintfan, I wasn't aware that Canyon Raceway Park had shut down. I haven't been there since they stopped running sprints a few years back. I can't bring myself to drive to the track in Casa Grande to watch two 7-car heats and a feature for sprints, and sit through multiple other classes, but will likely take in the Western World there in the fall on the way home from the USAC sprint finale in Meeker, OK.
Yeah man Canyon shut down late last year. I heard the state would not renew the lease because of pressure from the city and development committees. Even though the property lies in a flood plane and will never be developed. Check another one up to progress I suppose. Sucks. I hear you on Casa Grande. I don't make the trek for the reasons you mentioned as well as a horrible amount of traffic I have to put up with to get there. It's at least an hour and a half from my home in New River. I do however highly recommend Mohave Valley Raceway though. Ron has done a great job up there. We went in April for the CRA show and they had about 30 cars. Stay in Laughlin. Nice little weekend getaway.

7/29/23, 11:26 AM   #30
bighd0522

Did any tires delaminate,burn up or blow Thursday night?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway Thursday July 27th!