IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion
6/28/13, 9:30 AM   #41
Re: Need your opinion
Vukie

I hope Merrillville Al doesn't read this.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Koonzee
6/28/13, 10:41 AM   #42
PJ Wright

After reading the article, my first thought was something I heard a while back: " The internet may not make anyone dumber, but it does allow a person the chance to put their stupidity on display for more people".
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6 members like this post: Bill Gardner, BrentTFunk, Justigit, mowerman, Mud Packer, TQ29m
6/28/13, 11:38 AM   #43
TQ29m

I think the old adage, "it's one thing to act like a fool. yet another to open your mouth, and remove all doubt" comes into play here! Something my Pappy said years ago, and I think we're all guilty at one time or another, but on forums, and FB and Twitter, and all this "social" media crap, it spreads like a wildfire. Somethings are best left alone. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 6/28/13 at 11:40 AM.

6/28/13, 12:19 PM   #44
captrat

The internet has spawned so many self-described experts in so many fields it is impossible to check their credentials. God I miss the old Speed Sport News and other such publications when you had scribes who actually endeavored to be accurate and knew the difference between reporting and editorial comment. Let's observe in this particular instance dressing in such a way as to appear to be something which one might feel guarantees you special status, using the title(s) of journalist and pastor; expecting special admission privleges and one might speculate, particular tax strategies.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TBONE
6/28/13, 1:31 PM   #45
Justigit

Its funny how someone just drifts into a track one day and then all the sudden thinks they know everything about it.
I am sure this guy had never seen the late Dave Crow laying water down at Kokomo... after dark with the lights on at the speedway on a weekday nite to help keep the moisture in the track. Well I have many times. I want to thank ALL the people who put the their time and effort into a great race track to race on each week at Kokomo and G.C.

4 members like this post: B-square, BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, TBONE
6/28/13, 6:00 PM   #46
FrankR63

My thoughts are that ANY Indiana track that lets this person in for free again is nuts.
I am a series sponsor and I pay to get in, I have no problem with that. I would be ashamed to ask to get into a race for free.
The term self-righteous hits the nail on the head here.

4 members like this post: bandres21, BrentTFunk, Indy1808, Racer12
6/29/13, 9:33 AM   #47
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankR63 View Post
My thoughts are that ANY Indiana track that lets this person in for free again is nuts.
I am a series sponsor and I pay to get in, I have no problem with that. I would be ashamed to ask to get into a race for free.
The term self-righteous hits the nail on the head here.
I agree wholeheartedly and also even when allowed a small cooler in for drinks or water, I will still spend money at the concession stands.
It all goes to support the track and keep the racing coming.
For the future of the sport, the best thing a track can do is keep the 12 and under prices cheap or free. Get those kids (future) exposed to it, so it can continue.
In My Honest Opinion.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 7/27/13 at 6:35 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion