IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 5 Campsites
5/27/08, 12:46 PM   #1
Little 5 Campsites
Honest-Sam

Who had the campsite with all of the pink, neon like palm trees etc.? I think it was Checker'd Past's. Hats off to whoever's it was. I think it was the most elaborate I've ever seen, but then again, I'm sure I didn't see them all.

5/27/08, 12:57 PM   #2
Re: Little 5 Campsites

was it me or did it seem like there were many more campers this year. It was awsome to look out and see the field full.

5/27/08, 1:14 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Who had the campsite with all of the pink, neon like palm trees etc.? I think it was Checker'd Past's. Hats off to whoever's it was. I think it was the most elaborate I've ever seen, but then again, I'm sure I didn't see them all.
It indeed was Checker'd Past's camp site. He usually is the first one there and he tells me that he enjoys this time more than any other in racing. I had the chance to visit briefly after the race on Saturday and he was a very cordial host as always. Take a bow Checker'd Past.:respect:

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/27/08, 2:10 PM   #4
interpreter66

Great Site How About The Pole With The Red Light?

You Could See It From The Road

5/27/08, 2:19 PM   #5
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
It indeed was Checker'd Past's camp site. He usually is the first one there and he tells me that he enjoys this time more than any other in racing. I had the chance to visit briefly after the race on Saturday and he was a very cordial host as always. Take a bow Checker'd Past.:respect:
I knew it. I should've stopped. Maybe next year, I'll go from site to site, introduce myself, and maybe have a beer or two. I'd bet that I won't remember the last half of that trek.:O: I'd better line up someone first to do the:Steer.

5/27/08, 2:48 PM   #6
Checker'd Past

I really enjoy setting up the compound at the Little 500. I have a lot of help. Thanks to Rick, Little Rube and all of the "Rube Crew". Without many people it wouldn't happen. It is always fun to reunite with old friends and meet new friends. You never know who might show up. Every year we have drivers, owners, crew members and all kinds of race fans there. I try to make it a good place to stop by and have a cold drink and have good conversations. By the way the lights are supposed to be purple (I guess sometimes they look pink). The red light on top of the flag pole makes it easy to find. Stop by sometime and introduce yourself it is always good to meet new friends. Shane even stopped by after the race for a coldie. You don't know who you might meet at the "Checker'd Past".

5/27/08, 2:54 PM   #7
Honest-Sam

Where's the next stop on your tour?

5/27/08, 4:31 PM   #8
1955indy

My dad and I appreciate Checker’d Past having the annual get together.

5/27/08, 5:34 PM   #9
LittleRube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker'd Past View Post
I really enjoy setting up the compound at the Little 500. I have a lot of help. Thanks to Rick, Little Rube and all of the "Rube Crew". Without many people it wouldn't happen. It is always fun to reunite with old friends and meet new friends. You never know who might show up. Every year we have drivers, owners, crew members and all kinds of race fans there. I try to make it a good place to stop by and have a cold drink and have good conversations. By the way the lights are supposed to be purple (I guess sometimes they look pink). The red light on top of the flag pole makes it easy to find. Stop by sometime and introduce yourself it is always good to meet new friends. Shane even stopped by after the race for a coldie. You don't know who you might meet at the "Checker'd Past".
Now wait a minute!!! I thought you werent going to do it agian next year but of course i heard that last year too.:checkered:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 5 Campsites