IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Floracing
9/6/19, 9:36 PM   #1
Floracing
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Anybody able to get the USAC/CRA race at Merced on a ROKU? I've tried for 30 minutes, says live now but I get an error when I click on the link.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/6/19, 10:51 PM   #2
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Working fine here. Heat 1 pushing off

2 members like this post: Hubie, tirespinner
9/7/19, 7:52 AM   #3
Re: Floracing
Hubie

I see lots of comments on this board about FloTV. I signed up for it to catch the last round on Indiana Sprint Weeks as I had to work and could not go in person. Since then I have had very little problem with the service. I think it is GREAT!!!! Never in my dreams did I think I could watch all this great open wheel racing in the comfort of my own home. The Pennsylvania Midget Week was OUTSTANDING, and the stuff from California has been interesting as well.

I am not a modern tech person, so this is what works for me. I live in Indy so Internet is via cable. I have an Apple Airport wireless router. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I normally log onto FloTV on my computer, then with my TV several feet away in another room, bring up the FlowTV icon on my RoKu player. I find that the signal is stronger, less cutting in and out (and that does happen on occasion, usually when they change the zoom on the camera) but it never last's for long. I did miss the ending of the DuQuoin stock car thing, but when I'm at a racetrack I don't watch that stuff anyway!

I really enjoy having Flo. Yes, sometimes it's not perfect, but it beats this 57 year old from driving for hours and allows me to keep my overtime hours on weekends.

Enjoy!

4 members like this post: dirt330, rachasin, red70racer, tirespinner
9/7/19, 9:22 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I've whined and IDK. For what you get, It's worth it.

My complaint is that we've gone four months and NO IMPROVEMENT in quality of picture, Mysterious off the airs. Audio problems out the wazzoo. The BC 39 several times you could barely hear Klepper an then the sound would just quit for a bit. Then for some reason If I let it stream more than about 20min, It resets and and I'll have no sound and it says, CLICK HERE TO UNMUTE.

I know everyone works hard to put on a good program. I just kind of expect things to improve I've seen storm chasers with a I phone putting out 1080p streaming video from the middle of Oklahoma Indian reservations and Nebraska that work flawless and they're mobile traveling 70mph

I got no idea what the bandwidth cost etc. but spend the 3k and get a HD cam. You gotta figure there's 10k signed up to this and that's 1.5 million That's probably a way low number as I've heard 40k numbers for some streaming races.

Is it worth it, Yes, Do I appreciate them doing it? Yes, Is it incredibly frustrating at times with buffer, connection, audio and sometimes quality of picture. YES!

LIke I said, I appreciate it being done and the work they do. Just expect improvement in all those issues as some other streaming services work almost flawlessly.

4 members like this post: erich45, Hotrod, Hustlin-Hoosier, Kendall2020
9/7/19, 12:31 PM   #5
jonboat15

Just got done watching the replay as I can't stay awake for west coast races. Pretty good racing on a decent track that had an upper and lower racing groove. The nice thing about the replay is I can fast forward through the other divisions of cars I don't care for. Hoping I can stay awake tonight. Thanks Flo.

9/7/19, 9:33 PM   #6
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Started working an hour and forty five minutes after the stream started. The other streams always seem To work. Tonight same **** different day. Silver Crown race works, the micro or whatever they are stream works, but the CRA stream says error again. Works on my phone, works on my computer, but not on my ROKU. I didn't buy this service to watch on my phone, or sit in my office for hours in front of my 20 inch office monitor. I have an OLED tv and bought the best ROKU they sell. It's more trouble than its worth. When it works its flawless. If the Silver Crown and Micro, and Super Dirt Car races always work, it makes no sense that the CRA races dont.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Floracing