IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Nut'n but Dirt (Offline)
  #1 6/29/18 6:16 PM
21 sprints here. Maybe someone else can update or I’ll try to.
9 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, rapid robert, ronmil, tirespinner, TNRustler, Tony74
Adolph (Offline)
  #2 6/29/18 8:04 PM
Track as dry as the Sahara and twice as dusty. I’ve seen shopping carts go faster. They are completely tearing up track and starting over. They don’t have a clue here, send that Bloomington prep guy up here to train them.
2 Likes: jim goerge, Owen
Adolph (Offline)
  #3 6/29/18 8:59 PM
They chopped it, but didn’t add enough water. It’s better than before but it’s still a dry slick with no cushion. Guys like Shane Cottle, Matt Westfall and Scotty Weir seem to be able to deal with it.
2 Likes: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
PIT CART (Offline)
  #4 6/29/18 9:04 PM
In my opinion this is the first time they have had it dry and slick this year.
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, fish, speed bump, tirespinner, Will Shunk
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #5 6/29/18 9:26 PM
Yeah seems like this is the first bad week for track conditions at Gas City. In their defense, we have had plenty of rain all year, but a pretty dry week leading up to tonight. I’d rather be there than at work typing this, no matter the track shape. Who is Weir driving for?
4 Likes: jim goerge, PJ Wright, speed bump, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #6 6/29/18 9:51 PM
Weir is in the dark blue 17g “On the Gas” car owned by Gass.
Adolph (Offline)
  #7 6/29/18 9:55 PM
Ended up being a great feature with 3 wide finish. Leary passed 2 cars on outside in last turn to win by a few feet over Westfall and Cockrum. 4th was Cottle followed by Boyles and Weir. Sometimes great drivers overcome bad tracks. It was a strategy race.
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Poorboyjocko, speed bump, spicoli, TNRustler, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
Poorboyjocko (Offline)
  #8 6/29/18 10:09 PM
Good to see CJ get the win. If he was in the 4j car, that’makes it even better. Enjoying a night off at the American Legion & enjoying this great weather leading up to the 4th of July. 🇺🇸🏁
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, bullringko, dickster, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner, usac99
Go Fast (Offline)
  #9 6/29/18 10:22 PM
4P car. Petersons car. Dry and dusty right around the bottom. CJ buzzed the top on a late race restart and out drag raced Cockrum and Westphal off 4 to the checkers.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, highasspirations24p, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
HDINDY (Offline)
  #10 6/29/18 10:32 PM
Congrats to Scott , Ryan and Red,It'a about dam time. Woot Woo! and CJ too.. and that's spelled Pedersen.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, bullringko, fish