IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ROKU and Floracing
2/13/19, 12:55 PM   #1
ROKU and Floracing
nonwingkingofkali

So I was about to order a Roku for my TV, but after reading the other Floracing post, I'm on the fence. I don't want to drag my computer out of my office and hook it to my TV every time I want to watch a race. Sounds like the Roku is a waste of money. Anybody with anything good to say about the Roku???
I don't get it, there are over 50 million smart TVs in the US and besides Fanschoice.tv none of the people doing the streaming seem to give a **** about making the streams work on a platform that is supposed to surpass 70 million by 2022. And that is just in the US.
So am I stuck moving my computer back and forth from my office to to living room???
Should I not waste my time with buying the ROKU? By the way when using Fanschoice.tv, I stream the signal all the way from my office to my TV from the wireless router in my office to my TV. 30 feet through plaster walls.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, tirespinner
2/13/19, 1:23 PM   #2
Re: ROKU and Floracing
miledirt

I bought Floracing for the year. I plan on using it with Roku on one tv in my house and with Apple TV on the other. I've never had any issues using our Roku. I wish DirtVision had an app for AppleTV and Roku

2 members like this post: RockinRy, tirespinner
2/13/19, 1:29 PM   #3
kplange

Well, I already sprung for a Roku, as my old Apple TV was not 4th generation. Still sitting on the fence about signing up with Floracing, due to what I'm hearing so far. Anybody know what Floracing's policy is on refunds if this doesn't work as expected?

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
2/13/19, 1:35 PM   #4
badcoupe

I just run off my iphone onto my tv with a lightning-hdmi adapter

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/13/19, 1:55 PM   #5
nonwingkingofkali

Do you pay ROKU? Or do you pay Flosports for the racing channel? Thanks, Mike

2/13/19, 1:56 PM   #6
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

We have 2 roku devices. Both being the wireless stick+. They work flawlessly as long you have descent internet. My router is in my basement and it connects to my garage with no issues. We did not watch the first night but did the 2nd night. We had zero buffering and zero problems until the sprint car feature pushed off. It was down for 5 to 8 minutes. It came back during a red flag and worked fine for the remainder of the event. Roku devices are great, especially the stick because it is mobile. Also, With Sean Buckley in charge of production of the FloSports USAC deal,there is no doubt he will bring the racing to the fans. We will be tuned in for Ocala this weekend.

STIDA.com

2/13/19, 2:32 PM   #7
Kansasdirtfan

The service was excellent on Friday night, and started well Saturday, but then went away. I contacted FloSports customer support and received an acknowledgement of my email, but didn't actually hear from customer support for well over an hour later, informing me that they were experiencing difficulties. In the meantime I had launched the stream on my iMac and was able to watch the rest of the program. I'm hopeful that the "difficulties" will have been addressed by now so I can enjoy this weekend's USAC sprints. I'm betting that Friday's successful experience will be the norm, and that Saturday's glitch was an anomaly.

3 members like this post: billw, ISF, tirespinner
2/13/19, 2:34 PM   #8
nonwingkingofkali

OK, so I just ordered a ROKU, Do I pay Roku? Or Flosports.com for the racing channel??? Thanks, Mike

2/13/19, 2:44 PM   #9
bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkali View Post
OK, so I just ordered a ROKU, Do I pay Roku? Or Flosports.com for the racing channel??? Thanks, Mike
You order the yearly package on floracing.com and then login through Roku (you'll have to download the FloSports app on Roku). I bought a Roku just for the floracing app and was happy with it last Friday night. I was not at home Saturday night so I can't comment on all the issues people reported.

2/13/19, 8:38 PM   #10
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

Roku is great. The FloRacing App on Roku has been average so far but I'm hoping it gets better as they iron the bugs out.
I think we got spoiled with how good Speed Shift TV did everything. But let's remember we were paying Speed Shift 25 a race and we are getting FloRacing for 150 for the year. I think it will get better and better as the year goes on.
I agree with MileDirt I wish Dirtvision and Speed Shift TV had a Roku app as well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ROKU and Floracing