IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora
7/20/17, 12:09 PM   #11
JarrettFarms73

and the visor cam was very cool. hope that finds its way into USAC footage soon.

1 member likes this post: Jbaldwin
7/20/17, 12:14 PM   #12
Re: Eldora
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
and the visor cam was very cool. hope that finds its way into USAC footage soon.
Its been done, you can put a GoPro just about anywhere. Just go on YouTube and take your pick, plenty of videos from the drivers helmet in sprint cars.

1 member likes this post: JarrettFarms73
7/20/17, 12:28 PM   #13
racer-x

That is the first truck race I have watched all year. I had it on for about a hour then suddenly I was watching bull riding! Fox does the same thing on AMA motocross making you switch channels to watch the other race. I think tv was better with less channels.

I have a hard time enjoying any race when a Waltrip is running his mouth through the entire event.

5 members like this post: bugs, PIT CART, Speedwrench, spicoli, trannyman
7/20/17, 12:28 PM   #14
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Its been done, you can put a GoPro just about anywhere. Just go on YouTube and take your pick, plenty of videos from the drivers helmet in sprint cars.
i'll check it out again. i've watched plenty of cage mounted footage. there's one i think of Boespflug at eldora looking down into the cage and another of levi jones on the side of the cage that are pretty cool but it's been awhile since i searched them. I was referring to presser/ tv production footage though. something a passerby might catch instead of a search for it. Like when they tweet the recap highlights.

7/20/17, 12:32 PM   #15
JarrettFarms73

edit removed double post.
Last edited by JarrettFarms73; 7/20/17 at 1:04 PM.

7/20/17, 12:34 PM   #16
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
That is the first truck race I have watched all year. I had it on for about a hour then suddenly I was watching bull riding! Fox does the same thing on AMA motocross making you switch channels to watch the other race. I think tv was better with less channels.

I have a hard time enjoying any race when a Waltrip is running his mouth through the entire event.
i feel ya! i cringed during quals every time they referred to the top line as "the cushion". insert pic of LPS here! LOL

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/20/17, 5:55 PM   #17
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I too enjoyed the truck race and the coverage the Sprints and Mods got. Going to go see a lot of those same Mod drivers race next Sunday. I'll take trucks on dirt over a 1.5 cookie cutter any day!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Kydehart, speed bump
7/21/17, 2:12 PM   #18
Poorboyjocko

Most of us are sprint car fans and have a hard time excepting other forms or racing. For me, I thought it was a competitive race and a good production for tv. Look at the crowd, standing room only. That is why Smoke and his staff will do more of these types of events. If Knoxville will spend a little money on there facility, U will see the same crowd there if they have a truck race. Earl had a good track and vision, Tony has just raised the bar a little. Just my thought. Phil Poor

5 members like this post: Bobv, BrentTFunk, JarrettFarms73, Jbaldwin, PIT CART
7/21/17, 5:08 PM   #19
PIT CART

The crowd really says it all. I have no plans to ever attend this race but for a NASCAR you probably count down the days till next years race. 🏁🍺

1 member likes this post: racer-x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora