IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How many Indiana tracks have you raced at?
9/11/12, 1:43 PM   #11
Re: How many Indiana tracks have you raced at?
bsmith8

You are 100 % correct Gary, man we burned the roads up in my parents motor home and a trailer without breaks (OMG). Dam* near breaking it in half pulling into Eldora for the first time. Good Thing Tony and Millie came along cause it hard to tell what damage we would have caused.

9/11/12, 4:14 PM   #12
SamSr32

Bobby, You are wrong about HSCS and MSCS. Rosie and I started MSCS from scratch in my office in 2001 after retiring from driving in 1999. Been back in a Sprinter four times since, but was not pretty. Also Lagotee was Martin County Fairgrounds, I ran there a good bit in stock cars. Yes I missed Fort Wayne Indoor. Had fun there in 1961 in midgets. Also another Indiana track I forgot was Princeton Fairgrounds. Dust, trees, and sink holes and a real history. Do you remember I drug you and Mehner to Tennessee for an ashpalt race with AWOL. If we continue with this subject I could write a book. I grew up and lived in Ohio, so over the years I ran as many tracks in Ohio as Indiana. Traveling with midgets and sprints I covered a good bit of the USA>

1 member likes this post: bsmith8
9/11/12, 5:19 PM   #13
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr32 View Post
Bobby, You are wrong about HSCS and MSCS. Rosie and I started MSCS from scratch in my office in 2001 after retiring from driving in 1999. Been back in a Sprinter four times since, but was not pretty. Also Lagotee was Martin County Fairgrounds, I ran there a good bit in stock cars. Yes I missed Fort Wayne Indoor. Had fun there in 1961 in midgets. Also another Indiana track I forgot was Princeton Fairgrounds. Dust, trees, and sink holes and a real history. Do you remember I drug you and Mehner to Tennessee for an ashpalt race with AWOL. If we continue with this subject I could write a book. I grew up and lived in Ohio, so over the years I ran as many tracks in Ohio as Indiana. Traveling with midgets and sprints I covered a good bit of the USA>
That's right Dan Metzinger started the Hoosier sprintcar series or association, and did u run with them ? The AWOL race n Tenn. was a blast.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/11/12, 9:19 PM   #14
big3131

does anybody remember a track in southern indiana around the tell city area. I went there in the mid 70?

9/12/12, 2:39 AM   #15
DaleDuBois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr32 View Post
I'd say Sam has the record for the number of differant tracks he has ran over the years. Mostly because Sam would drive anything and race anywhere. Sam once told me his favorite was the midgets because they could be raced full peddle most of the time. He also told me about is traveling all over the USA racing.

I've not raced as many tracks as some people but enough to get some experence. Other than Indiana I've raced in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Florida, Misouri, Arizona, Texas and California.

2 members like this post: bsmith8, Don 65s
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How many Indiana tracks have you raced at?