IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmakin (Offline)
  #1 3/25/24 9:38 AM
Tommy Malcolm at the Perris Auto Speedway on 10 November 2016. Today's photo can be purchased here: https://manvelmotorsports.smugmug.co...10/i-QCP3qZ8/A

DSC_2216 by Carey Akin, on Flickr

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
15 Likes: Charles Nungester, hsracer577, Ilovedirttrackracing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, mlamb, racegal, rapid robert, Rcar, rmr6nm, ronmil, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
kb78 (Offline)
  #2 3/25/24 2:38 PM
I think Tommy has a great nickname as it seems to roll off of the tongue- Tommy "Thunder" Malcolm.
Also, I am not a sprint car mechanic but I see he has the stacked torsion tubes on the front of his car, I have seen these before but the guys did not use the lower tube. What is the theory behind it?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 3/25/24 2:50 PM
Kinda looks like a Drinan dry bar, on my cell phone?

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Frank Reiner (Offline)
  #4 3/25/24 4:55 PM
Originally Posted by kb78:
I think Tommy has a great nickname as it seems to roll off of the tongue- Tommy "Thunder" Malcolm.
Also, I am not a sprint car mechanic but I see he has the stacked torsion tubes on the front of his car, I have seen these before but the guys did not use the lower tube. What is the theory behind it?
The bar in the lower tube is an anti-roll bar, aka "sway bar".