IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hamilton Named USAC Executive Director
3/9/15, 5:32 PM   #1
Hamilton Named USAC Executive Director
Vukie

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...tive-director/

3/9/15, 5:38 PM   #2
Re: Hamilton Named USAC Executive Director
Panama

I think longterm, this is fantastic news!
So happy for Davey, he is a great guy and will do a great job!

3/9/15, 7:23 PM   #3
Vukie

https://speedwaydaily.wordpress.com/...and-may-plans/

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
3/9/15, 8:39 PM   #4
dirt330

Back in the day, 60's USAC ran a stock car division. Remember some great racing at Indiana State Fairgrounds and the road course 250 at IRP. I know its wishful thinking but would be great to see again.
Last edited by dirt330; 3/9/15 at 8:50 PM.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, racing2bwithu2
3/9/15, 8:57 PM   #5
KMS2683

I cannot criticize USAC on this move. This is great news. There is hope after all. Now there is finally going to be someone running the racing side that actually knows something about racing.

3/9/15, 9:21 PM   #6

This is huge! I can’t believe that there hasn’t been a bigger response to this. USAC can’t take an extra five minutes in the bathroom without somebody on this site complaining about it. And here it is, probably one if not the biggest thing to happen to open wheel racing this year and there are only three responses.

I had the pleasure to run Davy Hamilton’s King of Wings series last summer. I have to say he was great to work with and I really feel he treated everyone equal from the lowest dollar guy there (Me) to the biggest teams with the massive haulers and multiple cars. As a racer himself, he understands what it takes to get a car to the track every week.

Right now, I have more questions than answers. It said the press release that the KOW and the Auto Value Sprint Series will run under the USAC banner. Since we run with these series’, I’m sure that will mean changes in our racing program but right now I’m not sure how large or how small. But since our first race is in a month (April 10th in Pensacola, FL), I’m sure I’ll have some answers soon.

So I’ll say congratulations to Davey and I wish you well. And if I can give you one bit of advice, it would be to not listen to all the Negative Nelly’s. You know what’s right for short track, open wheel racing, just do it.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

3/9/15, 9:22 PM   #7
monkeyboy

So does that mean the pavement shows will pay 5 grand like the dirt?

3/9/15, 9:29 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I didn't see one critical post yet there are two post criticizing the critical posters?

WTH?

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, nathans1012, Scott Daloisio
3/9/15, 9:30 PM   #9
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
So does that mean the pavement shows will pay 5 grand like the dirt?
I'd say they are flying under the USAC banner to get the insurance and things offered by USAC, basic pay scale and things, without additional sponsorship, I don't see changing this soon.

I'm hoping Davey does good things and can help grow the USAC product to something bigger, but it all takes time Rome wasn't built in a day.

3/9/15, 9:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I didn't see one critical post yet there are two post criticizing the critical posters?

WTH?
Charles,
I am of course speaking of the past. You must admit there has been a lot of critical posts in the past. Some of it justified, but in my opinion, quite a lot was not. I am very optimistic about the future and I hope everyone else is too.

Tom Paterson

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hamilton Named USAC Executive Director