IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Junior knepper 55 tickets now on sale!
10/24/17, 3:30 PM   #1
Usac: Junior knepper 55 tickets now on sale!
admin

10/24/17 3:22 PM JUNIOR KNEPPER 55 TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

More...

JUNIOR KNEPPER 55 TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Du Quoin, Illinois………Tickets are now on sale for the final USAC event of the 2017 season when the Midgets invade the Southern Illinois Center for the third annual “Junior Knepper 55” on Saturday December 16.

Tickets for the race on the indoor dirt oval are on sale now at http://www.usactickets.com/.* Adult general admission tickets are available for just $18 – two dollars off the price at the gate on race day.

In addition, you may order your “Junior Knepper 55” event t-shirt now for just $25.* Sizes small through 4XL are available, but make sure to get yours soon while supplies last.

The special event carries no points toward the USAC National Midget season championship, but has quickly become one of the most coveted races to win on the series calendar, annually boasting a large car count and a star-studded field to boot.

In the inaugural running in 2015, Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. electrified the crowd in the 55-lap feature, coming from the back of the pack to score the victory in the final laps.* In 2016, Tyler Courtney earned his first career USAC-sanctioned Midget feature victory in his first start for the Clauson/Marshall Racing team.

The 55-lap event honors the memory of one of USAC’s most accomplished car owners – Walter “Junior” Knepper of Belleville, Illinois – whose famed yellow number 55 midgets and sprint cars raced to 58 career USAC feature victories, including 34 in Sprints and 24 in Midgets, with drivers Bob Wente, Tom Bigelow, Mel Kenyon, George Snider, Dana Carter, Rich Vogler and his son Steve Knepper.

Nick Knepper, grandson of Junior and son of 13-time USAC National Midget winner Steve Knepper, will promote the event along with Derek LeMaster.

Cars are scheduled to hit the track at 4pm (Central).* A format utilizing passing points will be used to seed the feature lineups.

10/25/17, 10:44 AM   #2
Re: Usac: Junior knepper 55 tickets now on sale!
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

It would be cool if there was a reserved seat option with a pit pass like the Shamrock Classic race. Hopefully they don't put too much stock into pre-sale numbers because I know my whole crew and I (about 6-8 of us), and i'm sure many others, will just be getting pit passes at the door.

10/25/17, 11:10 AM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

What is the advantage of pre-ordering? The tickets don't look to be shipped to your door.

And though they claim it's $2 cheaper there is a $1 online ordering fee, so it's all of a dollar cheaper... which why cheaper... ahhh I'll pay risk paying a dollar more at the door and not already have my $19 spent in case something happens; like an ice storm, keeps me from being able to go.

So anyone know a real advantage to pre-ordering?

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, mc/rider, ronmil, Simon_says17
10/25/17, 1:53 PM   #4
Simon_says17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
What is the advantage of pre-ordering? The tickets don't look to be shipped to your door.

And though they claim it's $2 cheaper there is a $1 online ordering fee, so it's all of a dollar cheaper... which why cheaper... ahhh I'll pay risk paying a dollar more at the door and not already have my $19 spent in case something happens; like an ice storm, keeps me from being able to go.

So anyone know a real advantage to pre-ordering?
Agreed. There doesn't seem to be any real incentive to pre-order GA tickets.

10/26/17, 11:04 AM   #5
addictedtodirt

Will there be a PPV option?

10/26/17, 2:04 PM   #6
knepp55

Hello All - The intent of the presale is to allow the customer an opportunity to bypass the ticket lines the night of the race (you will be able to print the tickets upon purchase).

Also - Yes, the intent is to stream the race online. The one caveat is that a 100 mile blackout radius will be implemented. Further details to come.

Thanks,
Nick

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
10/26/17, 3:11 PM   #7
Kydehart

Pit pass the way to go here then? I've never been but thinking about dragging the wife down for a quick December racing fix.

10/26/17, 3:23 PM   #8
Simon_says17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydehart View Post
Pit pass the way to go here then? I've never been but thinking about dragging the wife down for a quick December racing fix.
For me personally, yes. I'm normally there a couple of hours early to tailgate (we usually bring a fire pit) and walking through the pits and shooting the bull is a good way to kill some time in addition to some beverages. Sometimes by this time in the year there is already news out about what guys are planning for the upcoming year, so you get a chance to talk to the drivers about what they have going on. The pits flow both inside and outside of the building.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, luckybuc97, racenut69
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Junior knepper 55 tickets now on sale!