IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Red Hill ??????Sumner Il.
4/2/08, 4:29 PM   #1
Red Hill ??????Sumner Il.
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Hi Everyone!
I was cleaning up & deleting old websites in my racing folder & came across RedHill. Does anybody know Jim Mills? Does he still own it? Is it ever gonna be running again? I really hate when a race track is lost like this. I heard that it was a pretty nice facility with the work he had done on it and looked forward to going there.:crying:
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

4/2/08, 6:18 PM   #2
Re: Red Hill ??????Sumner Il.
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Hi Everyone!
I was cleaning up & deleting old websites in my racing folder & came across RedHill. Does anybody know Jim Mills? Does he still own it? Is it ever gonna be running again? I really hate when a race track is lost like this. I heard that it was a pretty nice facility with the work he had done on it and looked forward to going there.:crying:
Questions about Red Hill come up on here every few months or so. Last run in early 2004 Red Hill was advertising on their website last year a possible two day show for the fall. It didn't say what class(es) but it never happened anyway. Jim Mills, as far as we know, is still the owner. I, too. would love to see it open again. I moved to Indiana about 6 weeks after that last race and never got to see it. Let's hope that it does reopen and soon.

4/2/08, 7:12 PM   #3
aleohr46

Jim still ownes the track. Will there be racing there???????

4/2/08, 7:50 PM   #4
Flags anything

Yes, Jim still owns that racetrack. In speaking with Peggy Mills (Jim's wife) a few weeks ago she indicated that there are no frim plans for Red Hill as of yet. Jim's health might have something to do with that along with Jim's "must have hands on" operation of the speedway.

She did say that Jim and her will most likley attend some events during the season, but nothing definative.

It is a shane to see the place sit idle as it was one of the nice places to race at and work for.

Hope they get up and running!

Bill Shipman

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/2/08, 8:16 PM   #5
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

So Billy, it is still owned by Peggy & Jim? Not in a middle of a divorce?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/5/14, 5:57 PM   #6
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Hi Everyone!
Was talking about it with some friend over the weekend at Eldora for the 2014 UMP Fall Nationals and another guy told us him keeping the doors shut has something to do with a liquor license.
Kind of crappy if you ask me.

Found this picture of the track
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/18/15 at 1:36 AM.

10/5/14, 8:10 PM   #7
illinisprintfan

It is only 8 miles from my house. It SUCKS that it is not open. What a waste of a great little track.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/5/14, 8:23 PM   #8
arctic monkey21

I was by it last weekend on the way to Haubstadt. The track definitely needs some work to be ready to race again.

10/6/14, 4:15 PM   #9
jim goerge

I have heard track had a beer only permit and was holding a bike show rally and a woman was caught with a mixed drink She brought whiskey in with her but bought coke from track OMG think back to how many concerts I went to here in Evansville with a bottle of Jose Cuervo and bought a coke chaser lol Guess I could have changed rock and roll here lol

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Red Hill ??????Sumner Il.