IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012
9/10/11, 10:08 AM   #21
Re: MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Haven't been to Farmer City before and we are always looking for new tracks. RacinBabe and I will plan on a trip over next year to see a show or two. The MSCS deal could be a nice addition. Rich's idea of a two day show sounds good but it has to fit into your business plan first and foremost. Ask a lot of questions and then decide if it is a good fit or not. Fans love to have a voice in your decisions but don't be foolish and let them talk you into something that won't work. Keep up the good work and by continuing to post here will help not only your car count but butts in the bleachers as well.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Dirtfan, jim goerge, mowerman, outlaw721
9/10/11, 10:19 AM   #22
Flags anything

I know $'s & cents to the RO and the locals competitors are a big part of the equation but look athe quality of show they bring to the table and this year has been one of the best. The folks at MSCS are very reasonable to work with and do everything humaly possible to make the local competitor feel as there just as important as the "series regulars". Their "on track" staff is one of the best in the country and bring a level of profesionalism in handling the competitors and keeping a level playing field for those competitors to participate in. You won't go wrong with the MSCS sanction show.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, outlaw721, sprintgal
9/10/11, 12:10 PM   #23
treecitytornado

You can put on a great show without any sanctioning group! Payout a solid purse through the field with guaranteed tow money and you will have an awesome show! Again to cut down on policing anything, just make it Open Tire! There are plenty of guys with American Racers, Goodyears, and other Hoosiers with a different compounds!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: outlaw721
9/10/11, 1:07 PM   #24
outlaw721

Noregrets
Thank you for the insight! I agree that last race was fun!! thank
Farmer City Raceway
Outlaw721
Dave

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Mud Packer
Ok very good! that is good stuff, I agree with you! Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
ouitlaw721
Dave

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Flags Anything!
Very wellsaid! I know when a group of guys does tha same thing over and over they can get very good at their task! As far as quality, I believe thats true LIKE THE WORLS OF OUTLAWS ,RIGHT! Thank you
Farmer City Speedway
outlaw721
David

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Tree city,
Thank you again I do understand what your saying! I have been away from the sprints for the last eight years, so help to understand better ok! I like the Open tire rule anything goes! So why do so many want this dt 3 Tree City? I am a tire man in the lates, crates, and mods, was in sprints too, if given the choice I would rather choose from many tires and adjust rubber to track surfaces, than to just want the one choice!! I am not putting anything or anyone down, This would be my choice, but I know track surfaces and I know a soft tire grooved and siped properly will be better on a tacky track, or a track that is just strating to blow off, then I can adjust to dry slick with a harder compound keeping my car hooked up!!! Right tree city! So whats the deal everyone goes to common ground with a spec tire? Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Racer99w
I did read the post you wanted me to read!! Please go forward with your thoughts! I believe I understand, but please I want to learn! I f I am missing a link please close it for me!! The race was at Haubstadt, 60 drivers points, usac, etc.. and continue please I will check back as this day goes along!! Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David
Last edited by outlaw721; 9/10/11 at 12:59 PM.

9/10/11, 1:38 PM   #25
bloard

One advantage about having a sanctioning body like MSCS for your races is that I would think the member drivers would be covered by additional insurance just like your UMP members are. If not, you probably should look at increasing your track coverage when Sprints are there. How much is a driver covered for at Farmer City? At least 50,000? Some UMP tracks are as little as $15,000 which would hardly cover the ride to the hospital without the additional insurance of the sanctioning body.

9/10/11, 2:05 PM   #26
treecitytornado

Well if you don't want to restrict anyone from running with you use an open tire rule! ASCS, different Winged Groups, use different a different compound Hoosier or Even Goodyears, and some guys have like new used tires, they want to run somewhere and can't because its not a damn DT3! Get all 3 of tire manufactuers involved and do a bonus or free tires to the top finishing guys on their brands! OPEN COMPETITION ON TIRES AND RACING! What could be better? Even a Steel Block Bonus to encourage the ASCS 360 OR other steel guys to come run too!

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by treecitytornado; 9/10/11 at 2:07 PM.

9/10/11, 5:44 PM   #27
outlaw721

Blord,
We have the proper amount of insurance to cover sprints, but I do see your point about MSCS Thank you!
Farmer City Raceway
David

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Treecitytornado,
I like that !! Yes I see, what you are saying! I still like the open tire! What would you say at the next drivers meeting to a vote? Or should we avoid that ? The racing has been the best and fastest I have ever seen non wings, and only that one flip? You and I both know some tracks have 5 flips a night! Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

9/11/11, 1:17 AM   #28
jim goerge

JT Why do so many other guys willing to run the DT3 To me it sounds like you havea deal with American? The real question is no matter what tire is run will you show up and run I highly doubt it

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Also it is Hoosier Tire presents the MSCS I;d say they will run the DT3

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, SHORTBUS
9/11/11, 12:25 PM   #29
treecitytornado

Jim, don't think you are running the race team I run for,but thanks. We do plan to be there Oct. 1st. Would have been there a few weeks ago,but some work conflicts to deal with! I personally know several guys that have different brands or tires they would love to run them ,but can't,so what's the harm in an open tire deal Jim?

Come visit me in the pits on the 1st, and we can discuss your concerns. Btw, do you own a Sprint Car?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/11/11, 12:29 PM   #30
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER99W View Post
What happen to no rules run watcha brung. Not a big fan of club racing to many fees and rules.sorry
I like this idea & I would run it like Faas & Gardner promotion's of a couple of open comps at Victorville Ca

Open C.I , Open tire , 18 inch max RR wheel , The RR tire you qualify on is the one you start the main event with ( your tire you time trail on or if you do not time trail the tire you run the heat race on )

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012