IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Finish Controversy
7/19/19, 7:16 PM   #21
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by racen857 View Post
Here it is.
Show me a straight shot at the line. Not one angled and before the line. Not surprised to see a bunch of USAC brown nosers here.

7/19/19, 7:31 PM   #22
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCore View Post
Show me a straight shot at the line. Not one angled and before the line. Not surprised to see a bunch of USAC brown nosers here.
Since you're the one disputing the call, how about YOU showing "a straight shot at the line". Besides if USAC was going to manipulate the results, don't you think it would have been in favor of the USAC regular?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

7/19/19, 7:42 PM   #23
Leroy Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
Hears a question, why did they move sunshine in his heat race from the outside row to the inside on last double file start on heat,Mattox should have been inside row 2 after the first 2 starts and guys spinning, just wondering ?
Cuz the NOS drivers do whatever they want duh

7/19/19, 7:43 PM   #24
Leroy Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I sure hope someone woke Leroy Jenkins up for that amazing finish!
I couldn't watch it live cuz I had to get up at 5:30 and work outside all day cuz my job can't be done at nighttime

7/19/19, 10:48 PM   #25
Freddy768

There must be about 50 photographers in the infield and not one got a shot of the finish?

3 members like this post: duel, Hamby454, luckybuc97
7/19/19, 11:13 PM   #26
Re: Gas City Finish Controversy
duel

I would love to have this problem being a promoter. A true photo finish controversy. Great show and so was Plymouth tonight.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, buck2, flagboy55, luckybuc97, PIT CART, trannyman
7/20/19, 3:41 AM   #27
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy768 View Post
There must be about 50 photographers in the infield and not one got a shot of the finish?
If there was 100 photographers in the infield, unless they got a perfectly straight angle standing directly at the start/finish line none of them really matter for the finish. Perspective can show 2e in front and 5 other perspectives can show the 19az in front. Unless you got exactly the correct, right angle and the right moment, you're not going to get the 100% actual finish. I've seen about 5 different videos, one being Flo, 2 being from the pit stands (one being in turn 4 other in turn 3 and 3 from the main stands at different places. Some of them show 2e winning others show 19az. It was an amazing finish and race. Also this is a good problem to have, at least 1st and 2nd wasn't a mile away from each other like Eldora.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 7/20/19 at 3:45 AM.

2 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, jjones752
7/20/19, 10:15 AM   #28
Therealether

My 2 cents- get a finish line cam. Go pros are as cheap as $200, and they're clear as day. Put a marker in the infield, dead shot straight across to a GoPro aimed at said marker. No more controversy

3 members like this post: duel, luckybuc97, spicoli
7/20/19, 10:18 AM   #29
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
My 2 cents- get a finish line cam. Go pros are as cheap as $200, and they're clear as day. Put a marker in the infield, dead shot straight across to a GoPro aimed at said marker. No more controversy
Seems like a reasonable investment for a national touring series/sanctioning body to have for all of their events.

7/20/19, 10:25 AM   #30
flagboy55

The only controversy I see is weather USAC has the best camera for the job, the finish was not.

2 members like this post: buck2, duel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Finish Controversy